**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Reel Games

E-2000 MPU board Li Ion battery mod

(1/2) > >>

Badbaud:
Here is a picture of how to remove R62 and solder in a 1N5817 diode so a Li Ion battery can be used instead of a Ni Cad (leaking) battery.
The diode is special and has a lower forward voltage drop allowing more battery voltage to reach the RAM chips.

Newb:
Hello, once I solder the battery and the 1N5817 diode, do I have to re-program the machine? And what's the best way to do that? I apologize for the questions, but I'm really new to this :) Thank you for the assistance. Jerry A. 

Badbaud:
No, the E2000 did not require programming unless you need to set up a progressive display with options.

Newb:
I'm waiting on the battery and the diode.  the diodes come in bunches so my plan is to snip the ends off one of the diodes and solder to each end of the battery, then solder each end to the board.  Unless you recommend de-soldering the tabs from the existing battery and using those.   

Badbaud:
Bad idea.

Unless the battery has wire leads you cannot solder to the body of the battery, the the battery's metal is a form of stainless steel and you would have to arc weld any metal to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version