**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGCA (aka IGI) Video Slots

Igi wild monkeys - CD-ROM verify error

(1/6) > >>

MacGUYver:
Pretty excited, picked up my first IGI Wild Monkeys nickel video slot.  Got it stuck in power up.

Tries to power up, starts going through self checks, fails at CD-ROM verify error.  The screen shows it finds the CD ROM hardware , but fails to verify the CD? Or maybe fails to verify the contents?  It's hard to tell if the disc is spinning up or not tbh.

I put the CD in my laptop, all files transfered.  Also had a spare CD of IGI Monster Money, took those off too.  Both look like they're valid files, I see reference to both games.

Any chance someone's got a good manual? The one I have is strange

I took the CD-ROM apart and cleaned the laser.  No difference.  The game boards fan is so loud and vibration s thatni can't tell if the CDs reading or just barely moving (the game face if the CD is in different location after each in/out, so it's doing something???)

Think I can plug and play this CD-ROM? Should I try burning a new disc? Either way, looks cool!

Stayouttadabunker:
There's a simple Molex connector plug for the fan.
Why not just pull it apart to disable it for now to check if the CD player is working or not?
You can always plug the fan back in afterwards.

MacGUYver:
Discovered cdrom was working.  Previous owner had spare parts, and told me one of the boards has some security chips on it.  Replaced with other board devoid of chips, and was able to boot past it

So now I can get into an actual CD boot sequence.  It starts loading scripts on the imagine, finds video cards, etc.  Now fails at a "slot test", where it tries to query several HW parts of the actual machine, ie hopper, coin acceptor, etc.  It fails the test.  I assume it fails all of them.

Very interesting.  Both the CDs can get to this failure depending on what bios settings I put in.

Bunker, you're gonna help me through this one right?  Im suspecting either power is not going to those he components at all, or a board that controls them is not telling them to turn on.  I get no button lights, no BV lights or sound, no hopper, etc.  Im not sure where in the boot sequence the BV would get power, accept where I get stuck. 

MacGUYver:
Also I'll occasionally get a "cable disconnect'.  I found that the power plug to the main board needs to be jimmied sometimes to force contact.  I'm wondering if the plug is not fully connecting to all components for power.  Might just be the main board. 

After I Jimmie it, I get main board power and it starts booting.  I'll probably take it all out and see if there's bad solder underneath

Stayouttadabunker:
Yep....bad connection of a pin somewhere....this is where you have to be patient and really roll up your sleeves & get down into it.
Sometimes it's easier to find the problem part if you swap harnesses one at a time but at the moment, because the machine gave you a "cable disconnect" error....that's where I'd start looking. :sherlock:
The small harness that is the communications link between the topbox stuff and the lower MPU.
Be patient....you'll find it.  :yes:

Check the female pins on that power connector....if you have a power supply box that has the little screw on the left, screw it tighter or push the PS towards the main connector Molex and push the main connector Molex housing with your other hand towards the PS box to force a better pin connection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version