**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGCA (aka IGI) Video Slots

Igi wild monkeys - CD-ROM verify error

<< < (2/6) > >>

MacGUYver:
Minor updates.  I got a second main board, I was hoping this would fix power issues.  Swapped out all the support boards, and powered it up.  I don't get the spotty main board power anymore, so that's nice. But everything else remains the same.

DOES anyone have a working igi/igca?  It would be incredibly helpful to see a power on.

What id like to see, or if anyone remembers, is when the power is switched on, do all the slot components (ie hopper, coin acceptor, BV etc) all get power instantly? Or does that happen after the board gets booted, CD gets verified, or Linux boots up its kernal and performs the "slot test" config?  I get no power.  So when the boot image performs the 10ish component configuration script, it fails on all accounts.  I would assume by the time it performs the config script the components would get power, but when?

I'll be focusing on all power plugs next.  I was just hoping the main board replacement would be the magic bullet. 

I've been reading through some of the scripts on the image, pretty interesting.  I'm hoping if I can get it to work, I'll be able to modify minor parts of the build so I can create my own game, ie family pics or something. 

MacGUYver:
Ok, lots of interesting updates.  IT WORKS!  Kinda...

I went through all the connectors I'm the top box which holds the mpu, deox sprayed them.  No difference.

Tried a few variations of bios settings, no change.

Finally found a schematic of the wires, and walked through a few that were for power.  Check for power, saw voltage where I expected.  But wasn't looking for range.  Than finally realized I was being stupid, and should just check each plug on the dc power supply output (was a 3am moment of clarity).  I saw the 5v was 5.5v, 12v was around 10.5, -5v was -4.5v, forgot what the -12v read.  But ultimately the numbers were all jacked up.

Opened the power supply and attempted to calibrate them, got them to something more reasonable, but k. The midst of it I forced the little dial a bit and broke it I think, oops.  But luckily it seemedike it was enough.

The boot sequence where I was failing is the machines first attempt at giving the hardware power, BV, coin acceptor, etc.  So answered that question.  Also now, I was able to turn the reset key and get to a test screen, all my hw worked. It was glroius.

Progressed to game booting, but my main disc for Wild Monkeys asks for a password.  I didn't know it.  In the bios settings on boot, you can set passwords, disable them, etc.  But no combination would turn off that password checker upon boot, so I was stuck.

But than I popped in my Monster Money, and it booted just fine without a password required.  My next goal will be to copy the Monster image, and set it up for wild monkeys.  Both the image files have all the folders for all games (area51, tiki, etc), and I think I've identified the file that configs the game folder path.  So hopefully if I can make it work, I can make a bootable disc for all games.

I'll write more detailed responses here for historical.  Just wanted to show off my pretty new toy.

I generally flip the machines, but this one has so many configurable possibilities, I think I'll keep it for awhile.

Stayouttadabunker:
What's funny is that you fixed it by breaking something...haha :rotfl:

MacGUYver:
It's how all my best go. I'm just curious if it's gonna power back on tonight. Fingers crossed.

MacGUYver:
Dear diary, Microsoft hates Linux, especially their files headers.

I've been banging my head against the wall, I've performed at least 30 boot disc images with varying success.  If I ever get it, I'll write down a how to.  All I'm trying to do right now is re create a bootable disc, but everything I have is windows.  And it seems to corrupt the headers no matter what I do. 

So I finally gave in and am downloading Ubuntu.  I'm gonna make a bootable USB with Linux, install it ad a partition (hopefully without erasing my entire computer), and see if I can just do all this from an actual Linux disc burn.  I feel like it'll be more pristine.

So ultimately I can make a boot disc with the 1.44mb boot image in this folder struture. But as it boots, it pulls a Linux kernel and all the files get F'd in the process (can't read headers, read-only files, etc). So I get a failed load.  No matter how many times I convert the files to open them up, they get forced back to read only, corrupt headers. 

In my mind it's a 3 phase test process. 
1) recreate a bootable disc with what I have.
2) alter 2 files that controls game configuration, and make a boot disc for ALL games (10ish).
3) See if I can create my own game with my face as the main jackpot!!! 

Diary...it's cold in the garage

#corona2020

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442