Other Hobbies and Interests that our NLG members enjoy > Other Hobbies and Interests

Collected WW2 Militaria for over 50 years

<< < (2/2)

63mini:

Hiram,

Nice collection! Thanks for sharing.  Always liked the GPW's.   :cool_thumb_up:

Here's a couple of my toys.  While not originals or, as nice as yours they will have to fill my needs for now.

First is a full size Mt. Howitzer being sighted in by my grandson (a few years ago). The second is my sub scale French '75 as I was doing a demonstration at one of our local clubs. The '75 has a 1.75" bore.

Hiram:
Love 'em !!  and yours both work !! ...I wish mine wasn't neutered but , that's life. At least it was done in a way that still keeps it presentable for display . I've seen many large bore examples turn into welded cut up Frankensteins after they deactivate them and that's a shame. Your Howitzer really stands out with that Carriage. I heard the Amish were making exact reproductions and , their craftsmanship is fantastic ...wonder if that's who made yours.
A local Veteran's Museum always borrows items from me and , I have a deactivated 81mm Mortar that also had a very clean job done on it ..the welding doesn't ruin its looks at all ...plus all of my belt feds are welded up ...but , for display it's ok . I also have 2 water cooled Vickers on Tripods and a heavy Soviet , plus 2 1919 Brownings (all welded) The problem with the larger items (like yours as well ) is , many collectors  don't always have the room to display them in the House ...they tend to get in the way ...or , maybe we need a bigger house ?  LOL   

terrysmith:
Wow. This is just an awesome collection. I think that not every museum can boast of such exhibits. I just admire your hobby.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version