Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff > Pinball Games

Troubleshooting a Williams Sorcerer Pinball Machine

(1/3) > >>

kmarrocco:
Hello,
I just picked up a Williams Sorcerer Pinball machine.   The person who gave it to me said it is from 1984 and doesn't currently work.  The model number on the back of it is 532.  When I power it on, everything seems to light up but nothing else seems to happen.  Any pointers on where to get started troubleshooting it?  I would love to get it up and running.  Thanks!

Boredom:
Batteries likely dead or hopefully missing.  Try turning it of and then back on quickly.  If all is well, it should boot.  (Would be great if it was only the batteries.)  Otherwise, time to search for some System 9 Repair or Troubleshooting guides.  Many to be found out there.

kmarrocco:
Thanks for the advice.   Upon looking at the battery area, the batteries are in it and have leaked out.  I will have to look into it further as it has likely damaged the circuit board. 

When I switch it off and then back on quickly, it does not boot. 

Boredom:
Hopefully there isn't too much corrosion on the board. 

Paul:
Here is a YouTuber (Joe's Classic Video Games) that has lots of good pinball repair videos.
Some acid damage repair videos with in depth repair.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LyonsArcade

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version