Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems > NLG Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems

Arduino Based TITO System

(1/6) > >>

foster:
This would not have been possible without some help from TZTech and parts from a Bally MasterCom 250 system
Parts from MasterCom 250 are the VFD display parallel and serial versions, and keypad
Other parts required Max232 or other EIA232 or RS232 driver/receiver chip
Your machines must support SAS and TITO fully.

I have developed a TITO and Legacy bonus System using a Arduino Leonardo, Uno and others that use the ATMega328 or ATMega32u4

Features:
Custom scrolling message on the Bally MasterCom display on top line of display and Good Luck flashing on bottom line. bottom line used for machine status messages: Tilts, errors, tickets, etc
TITO - Ticket-In, Ticket-Out using system validation
Legacy Bonus I have 5 values triggered by the keypad and one value for the change or service light player switch.
read machine Coin in and out meters with out using the jackpot key or opening the door.
Major machine event are displayed on the VFD
  Examples: Main Door opened/closed, reel tilts, ticket inserted, redeemed, legacy bonus amounts awarded, etc, etc.
Hand pay reset without the jackpot key.

Features I had originally added to it but removed due to ruining the 1K or so EEPROM that can accessed via the EEPROM library
  SAS progressive was easier to change the value via the keypad than using the key chip.
  Player tracking  amount wagered and won with names no cards needed (easily handed 20 players)

I will help any that are willing to pursue their own Arduino TITO setup.
You must do the coding I will help with minor issues and hints I want to keep most of my code for my use. and I may not code the same as you.
Also You may want to search for the SAS Implementation  on the Montana government gaming site.

You will need to watch how often you send gen poll then poll that machine
20 ms delay between the 0x80 and 0x81 bytes is required or repeated replies from the machine will occur
Thanks to TZTech for pointing this out to me

A reasonable donation to NLG for site costs will get some serious help in the coding area.

A big hint: The protocol is serial 19,200 bps, 9 data bits 1 start and 1 stop.

Here is a YouTube video of my system displaying machine status messages.

VFD Demo 1

foster:
I just got done designing schematics and PC boards 2 versiions of a Arduino TITO system

Basic System with no Keypad or LCD/VFD connectivity Single Sided Printed Circuit board with through hole components
  Either 5V input via the machine interface header or 7-14V via DC power jack (5v regulator on board)

Full version Display VFD or LCD and keypad - supports both Bally MasterComm 250 Displays and has enough extra pins to handle any keypad matrix every pin(except D0, D1 used by the UART) from the ATMega328 is connected to the 26 pin header for the display and keypad
One end of the header is wired the same way  the 14 pin(2x7) header is on the Hitachi 44780 driven LCD including the Noritake CU20025 series of VFD's, Serial LCD or VFD will only use 3 of the pins.

I would order up some boards but they are very expensive per board unless I order over 50 boards. I have only checked one or two PC board makers.
$500-$700 for 100 boards depending on which version etc

foster:
Here are my PC Board designs
Version 1.0 only supports basic TITO and legacy bonus via change light on/off sequence
Version 2.0 has provision to handle keypad and display as noted above the 3 pin device in the middle is the optional potentiometer for LCD contrast use only.
Most LCD's in player tracking have a decent back light setting so its left alone.
The Display D4-D7 are the D4-D7 designations on the Hitachi 44780 driver I use the Arduino A0-A5 pins to drive the display and the keypad D4-D7 are the Arduino Digtal pins

I had to fix a missing capacitor I didn't change version numbers because it was an design error on my part and not a true update.
I goofed while rearranging a cap and it was auto connected to a pin was supposed to have its own cap.
I didn't miss it until I was double checking max232 cap requirements and looking at the correct schematic for a max232 circuit.
for those that are curious it was a cap that auto connected to pin 2 or 6 and was already connected to either 2 or 6
so my first 3 boards will either be hand drilled to allow the 2 caps to both be on top or I will just putt on solder side between VCC and Pin 2 , and 6 and GND.

It is the programming that was tricky.

I added some details to this post.

knagl:
Nice work!  I'm going to share this thread with a friend who has done some Arduino programming -- I'm sure he'll find it interesting.

foster:
I'm still waiting for my first batch of 3 boards.
12 days is a long time.
It was assigned to a full panel with other boards by Osh Park on the 21st.
I suspect they will get either the full panel back or the loose boards Thursday or Friday.
Since the Osh Park staff do a lot of the checks before they add it to a full PCB Panel of other boards to be sent to the PC Board maker.
I get to do the Board Assembly. glad I have a decent Soldering Station.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version