Game Emulators > MAME Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator

How to get PE+ to run on a Raspberry Pi

(1/1)

Big D:
Has anyone ever got any PE+ roms to run in mame on a raspberry pi?
I want to convert my PE+ but I was really wanting to use a Pi instead if loading a whole pc motherboard inside it.

I have tried but all I get is a black screen for a few seconds then back to the mame menu.
I have been trying retropi.

Heihachi_73:
If you're running RetroPie, it's most likely using an unofficial hacked version of MAME that is so old it doesn't even support the PE+ system at all (case in point, the most common fork of MAME in RetroArch is mame2003, which is based on 0.78 - the initial PE+ driver was added several years later in version 0.119u4). Even mame2010 (0.139u1) isn't really that good for PE+, the bill acceptor isn't supported and it takes an eternity to coin up (I should know, I was playing them back in 2010 itself when I was helping work on the Aristocrat 540 driver - the MK2.5/MK4 games only started doing useful stuff in 0.139u2).

You will need a modern version of MAME (e.g. a version made in the past 5 years) and a Pi 4, although you might get away with using a Pi 3 due to the PE+ being a basic 8-bit machine.

You are far better off just picking up an old unwanted PC like a Core 2 Duo/i3/i5 as it will be far more powerful and allow you to run a lot more things with ease.

Big D:
Ahh, I did not even realize that the versions of mame running on the raspberry pi were that old.
But now it makes it a lot more clear why its not working.

Thanks for that info Heihachi_73

I'm going to give up on the pi, and look for a good valued motherboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version