**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGCA (aka IGI) Video Slots

Double Double Video Poker questions

(1/2) > >>

Mick406:
This is my first post ever.  Not sure if I'm even on the right page because I don't know if this is an IGT slot or not.  I have a Double Double Video Poker slot, Model #IA65CF, made in 1994.  (Who is IA?) It has worked perfectly for going on 10 years.  I turned it on today for the first time in over a year and got an on-screen message of "Low Battery".  I opened the door to try and locate the battery and found a computer board (MPU?) tray up in the top.  That seemed my only option to find the battery.  I slid the component out and noticed it wasn't even attached to anything!  No ribbon cables or such.  I have a lot of experience with Pinball machines and can halfway identify and work on components.  I am baffled because I don't know how or why a computer board would be in there and not connected to anything, plus how it was working like this.

If anyone has any thoughts on this please jump in.  If the battery is located in this computer board, replacing it seems like it will not help because it is not wired to anything!
Thanks,
Mike in Kentucky

jay:
Hi Mike and welcome to NLG.

It would be helpful if you post a picture of the MPU board and we can determine what model you have.

.....Some people have had trouble posting pictures due to size but if your taking it by cell phone camera - email the picture to yourself and you are usually given the option to reduce the size of the file and then attach the picture you just emailed.....

The Double Double theme is IGT (International Game Technology) and was most common on the Players Edge model known as PE+
That is not to say that some of the foreign sourced machines might not have stolen the theme but given the age you say - its unlikely.

Subsequently this sounds like a IGT PE+ (likely if it has a bill validator) but could be a PE or possibly even the older Fortune II if it does not.

The PE+ has its battery on the MPU (removeable board).
The battery is soldered to the board. Usually bottom left or slightly to the right depending if you have a standard board or superboard.
Here is a link to a post with some pictures of the PE+ board
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=21442.0
The factory battery is green.

If you look closely at the board there should be a + and a - at each end of the battery.
It is possible the battery leaked/corroded and the lead fell off of one end which would also cause this error.

If you go to the NLG home page most of the vendors listed can fix you up with a new battery. They last between 7-15 years.
They are a 3.5v lithium cell.  Your biggest risk is battery leakage.

On pinball machines the common practice is to replace the batteries with a battery holder and use 2 x AA batteries placed away from the board to avoid any potential damage.
If you do this with your PE+ you will want to replace them every 2 years or so...

Please post back with some pics and let us know how you make out...

BTW you can also change out your theme to other poker themes like duces wild etc.....

MacGUYver:
Post some pics of the machine and the tOp tray pulled out.  Igca/igi definitely has an mpu in the top, on a tray like you're describing.  It'll be attached with ribbon cables and such, that's what would drive the machine.  Mine has a cd rom , and the CD is the game that runs.  If it's an igca, than that top mpu has a coin battery on the left side (two of them I think).  Should just be an easy swap.

Mick406:
I can't believe how thorough and unbelievably fast you guys responded on here!!!

I think I have good news.  Remember when I said I didn't see how this computer board could function because there were no ribbon cables connecting it to anything?  Well, after taking pictures I could see that there are two sets of connector pins on the back end of the board that go into terminals fixed on the back wall of the slot.  When you push the tray in, the pins go inside these connectors and that must be how it . . . what?  connects?!!! :)

I am going to attempt to post pictures.  I hope I can navigate successfully through this.  Just hang on . . .

Looks like I will have to post pictures one at a time.  Says file is too big.

Mick406:
This is the board after I puled it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version