**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games

IGT PE+ CRT to LCD Conversion

<< < (3/6) > >>

knagl:
Originally posted by alex666 on 1/22/2012:

So glad I've finally found this subject. I have plenty of 15 inch lcd monitors available @$20 each all brands. I have the cga to vga jammaboard paid $47 total
from Jammaboards.com.
 I have a 1991 25 cent IGT Multi Poker and a 1983 IGT Dollar Poker. Both are Ceronix 1492 monitors. As I see this issue we need a does all simple signal processor board that converts/inverts everything in 1 or 2 chips.
I build electronics and will be looking for the IC/s we can use, then make a few for those who want them.  I'm retired with plenty of spare time. Sounds like a simple enough problem. I just learned of the inversion problem tonite. I get "NO SIGNAL" on a Dell 15 monitor with Chinese graphics from the 8220 board is all now. The one available they want $31 thats too much for me.
Looking to find English menu on this jammaboard also anyone know?  bye!

I have the latest Jamma GBS8220. Also I have 3- 3906
emmiter follower inverted RGB outputs being fed by IC
hc374 ? looks like. So the base is being driven by a non-inverted signal I think. Going to the scope now I'll see whats what.

Originally posted by alex666 on 2/8/2012:

I'm back with news to report on what I've done. IGT Multi Poker 1991.
I used a 7404 and inverted everything. Tied Vsync and Hsync together to
Hsync in.
Now I have a good solid pic but the problem is color is no good ie: redish/pink
and black only. If I can resolve this colors issue looks like fixed done.
Don't know what to think about colors yet.

knagl:
Originally posted by stayouttadabunker on 2/9/2012:

Finally! A stable picture! Awessome!
I hope you figure out the color wires.
How was it done exactly?
It looks like you made yourself an small board connected to the GBS-8220 board we're playing with.
I'd like to try it and see if I can get the colors to work?
Have you tried going straight into the LCD from the GBS-8220 with the color wires
or are they all going into your sync tied board?

Originally posted by alex666 on 2/9/2012:

I simply got a 7404 IC and used pins1 red in pin2 red out inverted.
Then pins 2/3 for green and 4/5 for blue then 8/9 and 10/11 for
H/Vsyncs. All outputs go to Jamma inputs. Seems to work best with
both H/V syncs tied together @ the Hsync input no vert sync in was used. Pin 7=GND pin 14=5vdc +/- 0.25vdc

Originally posted by Neonkiss on 2/9/2012:

Have a friend who saw a LCD conversion in South America. Down there they can get real creative with getting stuff to work. Lack of original parts and no jurisdiction rules and anything goes.
As he explained it to me, they soldered wires to the chip and grabbed the signal before it was inverted on the MPU.
Ran the wires to the front of the tray and installed a connector for the LCD screen.
He said it looked crude but worked good. He was going to put together a board as a retrofit, but got busy with his back-end system he's installing.

I wish he would have taken some pictures.
I think it was the MRO chip produces the red color
MGO is the green color and MBO is the blue
This is why you need matched chip sets as each produces its own color attributes.

I attached a copy of some schematics, see pages 133, 134 and 135
Let me know if this helps you out as it should provide you the info to correct your color issue.

knagl:

Maybe Ceronix would be kind enough to release a schematic of the cpa3003 so we can see how they do it. Because they plug into the same connector I believe so they deal with that same signal source apparently for everything. Just called Ceronix got ans.mach. so later. Next I'll try a friend who has an electronic slot service in LV.  Probably the dreaded proprietary info BS hope not.

Originally posted by Neonkiss on 2/9/2012:

In that case, why not just take a old 1492 chassis and remove the flyback for safety. Then tap into the RGB output to your VGA monitor?
Would that give you the correct output?

I'll have to look at the 1492 schematic. They have jumpers for various machines
with/without inverted video/sync. I'm not to good on tvs but the 1492 is a bit different I think. I could try to tap somewhere though I'll see what I can do.

I,m working hard on this still. What I need is some schematic for the Fortune 2
Dollar Poker to see the area of monitor output from mother board. I am zeroing in on this but want to test on my Fortune 2 instead of my PE Multi-Poker. I think I am close to the fix for the conversion. It will require making connections to the motherboard. (Simple to do). I have block diagram only of Fortune II. If I have it fixed it will work on Fortune II and PE both and others.

Originally posted by knagl on 2/19/2012:

--- Quote from: alex666 on February 09, 2012, 12:47:34 PM ---I simply got a 7404 IC and used pins1 red in pin2 red out inverted. Then pins 2/3 for green and 4/5 for blue then 8/9 and 10/11 for H/Vsyncs.
--- End quote ---

Alex-

I was showing this post to my friend Stolistic and when he read it out loud to me, something stuck out that I hadn't caught before.

According to what you posted (quoted here), you have red on pins 1 and 2, but then green on 2 and 3.  To our reading, you have red and green touching pin 2.  Is that correct, and if so, could that be the cause of the botched colors?

Also, would you be kind enough to post a schematic of your breadboard -- even if it's just sketched out in pen and scanned in or something, so we can have a visual of exactly what you're using from the PE+, what kind of chip(s) and transisitors and whatnot you have the signal going through, and exactly where and on what pins you're connected to the GBS-8220?  Now that you've gotten the sync issue, resolved, we're pretty confidifent that we can get the color issue resolved, but it would be extremely helpful if you could post a visual of what you're currently doing with the signal.

Thanks!

Originally posted by alex666 on 2/19/2012:

Here ya go. See the sync inversion here is the same as if it was red I used 1-2r then3-4g then 5-6b then I used 8-9 then 10-11 for V/H sync invert.
This inverts things BUT does not solve anything. We still need something and I think I know so need the print on Fortune II motherboard. I played with the sync variations too still NG. I use my PE+ for $$$$ so do not want use for experiments but I will if necessary.  Note: I just used the board with all that other stuff just to mount and connect leads to the 7404 in the pix I posted.

knagl:
Originally posted by TZtech on 2/19/2012:

Hello Alex

Are You using the RGB signals coming from Your processor board and the inverting them ? I believe this is where the problem is as you are then driving your colours full on or full off. Have a look back in this thread at post 55 where I posted the output driver stage for the PE+. I think it will work If you invert the signal that are driving the transistors You should get a good image.

Ian

Originally posted by alex666 on 2/19/2012:

I know thats what I'm doing. If I get the print I'll have the ans very soon
I hope. Someone should have the Fortune II schematic.

Originally posted by alex666 on 2/26/2012:

After some more research I think I know what is needed. I found a forum  from Europe and in their discussions the same problem plagues them BUT I see they seem to have zeroed in on the problem. I have spoken to the Ertech Co. in Colombia some also. The say frequency doubler needed,spotty info from Ertech.
See the suggested board (no longer avail) attached. I will try to locate more info
the chips shown are not available now. This is a doubler like is needed. The inverting is not the problem that's easy.

knagl:
Originally posted by knagl on 2/26/2012:

The GBS-8220 serves as a frequency doubler. It's converting 15mhz CGA to 30mhz VGA (that's what a doubler does). In your setup it is proven that it's doing that successfully since you have a viewable picture on your VGA monitor.

Originally posted by alex666 on 2/27/2012:

Thats what I thought ....

Found this wonder if will work different than GBS-8220.  (See attachment at bottom of this post)

Well I am pumped now I have found the company who makes these cga to vga converter boards like gbs 8220 AND also makes LCD screens for slots & games.
Waiting reply from them.

Originally posted by alex666 on 3/7/2012:

Still after it. Have new board coming from china I believe will work but price is not good.
Couple weeks I'll know.

Originally posted by alex666 on 3/13/2012:

New board still no good. GBS 8219 XVGA does not work differently than GBS 8220.
So back to the search for the answer.   :no:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version