**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games

IGT PE+ CRT to LCD Conversion

<< < (6/6)

knagl:
Originally posted by palacehn on 12/18/2012:

My dear friend nousmeme my respects....looks awesome...great job...

one doubt....you say on your document "It will require unsoldering a chip on the board (the video latch) and replacing it with a socket and a 74HC564" so I desolder or unsolder however you say it hehehe and put that socket?? inside that socket place 74HC564??? do these IC change in pin number??? or can I just put one in the place of the other?? sorry for my ignorance.

As for the friends asking me how to connect the cga/vga board I am offering. I leave you a picture with "connections"...on the IGT board.

knagl:
Originally posted by KelTeck on 8/31/2013:

I have been watching the progress with this thread from almost the start and just wanted to thank all that worked on making this conversion possible especially PowderMaker.

I was given the upright PE+ Multi Poker machine and have been sitting on it for at least three years wanting to convert it to a LCD display. The CRT display was burned in, I had done the cap replacement so my final diagnosis was a failing flyback transformer and although it could be repaired I felt it was best to make the conversion.

I ordered all my parts from Mouser and the GBS-8200 off of eBay and began my trial run. I have to say it went fairly smoothly requiring only minor adjustments and I hope the colors are correct. Does any one have any suggestions on getting the service manual so I can learn more about these machines?

Thanks again to all!

--- Quote from: jay on July 31, 2013, 06:02:32 PM ---Colors look bang on to me.
Which manual are you looking for ?
There is a PE electronic repair manual and there is a certonix manual specifically gor the monitor.

--- End quote ---

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the quick response! I am looking for any and everything for this machine that would cover schematics, error codes, trouble shooting, diagnostics because this is my first machine and really have no clue about it.

My background is in electronics and computer repair including component level and this project has sparked an interest in learning more about this industry.

--- Quote from: knagl on August 01, 2013, 10:56:29 PM ---I think it's all documented here in the thread, but it's been so long since I've looked into this.  Would you mind posting a couple of close-up pictures of your connections to the breadboard and the GBS-8200?  That'd be awesome.

--- End quote ---

Hi knagl,

I spent some time drawing up a wiring diagram and this should make it easier but I will still post some photos if need be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version