**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker

Fortune One 'Twenty One' Machine

(1/7) > >>

mwade109:
Hello all, I figures while I am trying to figure our my Bally E2270 I would take a shot at this what I believe to be a Fortune 1 machine although all the Fortune 1 machine pics I have seen online do not have that same terminal block behind the monitor.

The monitor on this one does not work at all, I have no problem sending it out for repair but am kinda holding off as I do not know if this machine would work with just a good monitor. Is there any way to try this blind and deaf (there is no speaker that I can find) just enough that I can at least THINK the machine is capable of running?

There is no battery in the rear left of the mainboard.
Can someone give me a voltage and/or part number for the removable battery?

When I turn it on with the hopper in place, after a few seconds (I assume it's boot sequence) it starts paying out coins,  I refilled the hopper 4 times @ 100 coins each time and there seem to be no stopping it, but I assume with no battery installed, it would not have any pending payout in memory.

I am interested in hearing from people that have experience with these games... if it is indeed a Fortune One machine

Thanks
-mike

Chris-socal:
Hello,
I am no expert but I have a F1 Blackjack and I wonder if yours is a newer model or maybe a Fortune 2.
There are a few people on NLG who know the difference. Possibly an IGT Fortune? What is the date on the tag?
Also, I was told you don’t need a backup battery because they do not retain credits, mine has never had a battery in the holder.
K-Lar in Las Vegas can work on these boards, personally I think it is worth pursuing, they also fix a known issue with the video colors. The video board itself can possibly be fixed but if it needs a Flyback you might need to send that board in to see if they can troubleshoot. Do you have any knowledge of electronic components?
Good luck and please update if you make any prologues.
Chris

mwade109:
Thanks but all the Fortune 2 machines I saw online look a lot different. I saw another thread here that someone had the same game and they were calling it a Fortune 1.  There is no tags or number plates attached to the machine so I can't go that route.  As far as the monitor, the guy I got it from said it was completely missing a few transistors and that he put new ones on and it still didn't come on so I will be sending the chassis to someone that knows. And yes, I do have knowledge of electronic components although I cant read a schematic. I can test things with my multimeter, I can install a cap kit, been working on slots for many many years, mostly IGT.  I had 3 computer stores for 22 years so needless to say,  I am not afraid of electronics.... well, except maybe discharging a crt tube, that scares me every time.

Still hoping someone can chime in as to why it might be paying out all those coins.
Also, if it do does not need a battery to retain credits, what does the battery do? If it retains game settings, you say you don't have a battery in yours, does it auto-setup each time you turn it on?
-mike

--- Quote from: Chris-socal on September 30, 2021, 12:58:25 PM ---Hello,
I am no expert but I have a F1 Blackjack and I wonder if yours is a newer model or maybe a Fortune 2.
There are a few people on NLG who know the difference. Possibly an IGT Fortune? What is the date on the tag?
Also, I was told you don’t need a backup battery because they do not retain credits, mine has never had a battery in the holder.
K-Lar in Las Vegas can work on these boards, personally I think it is worth pursuing, they also fix a known issue with the video colors. The video board itself can possibly be fixed but if it needs a Flyback you might need to send that board in to see if they can troubleshoot. Do you have any knowledge of electronic components?
Good luck and please update if you make any prologues.
Chris

--- End quote ---

Chris-socal:
The game boots just fine without a battery, all the battery does is retain current game play if there is a power failure. Since mine pays out at every hand there is no need for a battery. This isn’t like a new game that has setup programming that gets lost without backup.
I looked at my machine again and I see it is virtually identical to yours internally except yours has the board on the back of the case. Does your machine have a speaker? Perhaps that is a sound card?
I don’t know anything about the hopper circuit but it is driven by the driver board on the left of the case, some of my bulb issues were resolved by gently removing the connectors and resetting them. Something is switching it on.
There are some known issues with the game board, some caps go bad and traces break. You might want to contact K-Lar to see if they can advise and potentially test the boards. IF you ship the board be sure to remove it from the metal frame and wrap that big transformer tight, If it breaks off it is very difficult to repair. Also be very careful with the ribbon cables the pins are almost microscopic, rock gently. Once they come out the first time they are much easier to work with.

Badbaud:
There are two switches on the right wall above the computer board, one switch is for meter readings, the other is for game reset.
Try pressing them to see if the hopper runaway will stop.
The I/O board on the bottom left wall has a couple of Triacs that turn on the hopper via a signal from the main computer board.
If you remove the computer board and turn on the game and the hopper still runs then you have a bad I/O board.

That newer board on the back wall looks like an earlier attempt at a progressive link or a player tracking system.
It is not needed for home use, ignore it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version