Progressive Controllers and Displays > IGT Stand-alone Progressive Systems

S+ 61-1 Haywire Deluxe Error

(1/4) > >>

Michael L:
Hello All

This is my first post on this site. I have been reading everything I can find and now going to ask for help from you all. I will give you the short version of whats going on.

My boss passed away and I have aquired 3 IGT games that were his.  2 of the are S2000 and the 3rd is the good ol Haywire Deluxe S+ machine.
So I replaced all the batteries and after reading a bunch of how tos on this site- they were all up and working. So I was wanting to get the bill valadator
working on the S+ Haywire and read plenty (so I thought) about it. Ordered the Set 15 and Clear chips. I did the Set 15 per instructions and ended up
with the 61-1. Tried the clear also and same result. Well, came back here to read more. So after looking more at the machine, the optics are gone and
a cherry swith is wired in with them. The belly switch is also wired together and I finally found that the cherry switch in the back of the cash box housing
has no wires plugged into it nor are they hanging around anywhere. So here is the questions.

Does the switch in the cash box housing have to be working to clear a 61-1 ?   (even if it is disabled in the settings)
Where do the wires come from or go that plug into the cash box housing switch ?
Can I just order optics and possibly fix the problem ?
How about the belly door- do I need to hook it back up properly to clear the 61-1 ?

I can get pictures of what might need to be shown.

I appreciate all the help I can get-
Thanks Mike

jay:
Does this unit have a bill validator ? if not then I suspect this might be an S vs an S+
The reason I say this is that with a S+ you can't easily bypass your optics with a Cherry switch.
The optics put out a series of security pulses the intention is to stop cheating by either the use of a light pen or a shunt.
You can buy optics - they are a simple plug in molex. Not expensive.

After a clear you would normally get a 61, for which you hold in the white test button - you hear a ding, you get a 61-1... close the door, turn the jackpot reset key.
The reels spin etc and your good to go.... is the jackpot reset key wired up ? if so then I suspect that your not seeing the door as being closed

On the S+ the cashbox door has to be closed. Mine has no locks and I use a small piece of electrical tape to hold it closed.

Pictures will help - if you take the pics with your cell phone you are probably best to email them to yourself, choosing the option for small and then post them to NLG.
We are looking for Inside the machine and specifically the MPU board if you have it removed.

Michael L:
Jay

Yes- it does have a bill validator and I did the test on it (where u set the dip switches to test it) to see if it would except a bill and it did take the bill. Of course that was before and the reason I used the SET 15 chip. I wanted to get the validator to work normally but it showed a 9-0 rather than 9-1. (I think thats right)

I did get the 61 and then the ding and 61-1 but no further. Im sure the key works because if I cycle it with just the 61 it brings up different settings. Is the "pulse" the actual optics put out is whats needed when a clear it done ? I have ordered a set of optics. Mine is already set up with a cherry switch.

My cash box door wires are wired together. But the switch in the back of the housing for the cash box has no wires to it.

I will take some pictures tomorrow and send them.

I really appreciate the help.
Mike

Michael L:
Gonna attempt a picture of the board. Lets see if this works.
I will resize more if this works.

jay:
Confirm that is a S+
I think your on the right path with the optics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version