**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S and S-plus Reel Games

reel tilt issue/ 41-43 I am narrowing it down

(1/1)

Jackpot_P.I.:
Ok so I posted this on the old site and didn't really get much response I did find a similar topic that I was able to find good info on. I am having an issue with reel tilt my IGT Wild Cherry 3 coin 1 line machine had been having issues when I got it (I knew it would take some work) I did a very careful Clear Chip operation and it cleared up all the other issues I was having. However the issue that I have now is that the machine reel tilts on any one of the three. I first cleaned and carefully replaced the connections on the reels themselves no luck then I removed the main feed line from the MPU (the black one) and re installed it I then started to test with the door open to ensure that I wasn't getting reel drag from anything in the door no luck. I finally noticed that there is a pattern of when it tilts, it runs single bar no problems (all three reels read single bar) but when triple bar comes up it reel tilts. thinking that it was an issue with one of the reels I replaced it with one that I know works. still having the same issue. Is this simply an MPU replacement and move on?

Any help is appreciated.

rickhunter:
My standard procedure for reel tilts is to isolate the issue.  First I move reels around to see if the reel tilt moves with the bad reel.  If it does, then bad reel.  If it doesn't then I would check to make sure the reel is not rubbing against something while it spins.  Then I check on the harness for that reel to make sure there were no bad contacts.  If all the wires check out ok, then mpu is next, and then finally motherboard (though this is super rare).  So to answer your question, I would try a known working MPU board.  It's good to have a spare anyway.

Jackpot_P.I.:
Problem solved it was the board

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version