General NLG Chat > General Chat, Slot Shop **Tech Talk** Welcome wagon and other stuff. (Off-Topic Post Welcome)

Member's Pets

(1/12) > >>

Tacman:
Well, as all pet owners know in the back of their mind, the day will come to say goodbye. Sunday was such a day for me. I had to say goodbye to Sable, my female Akita that I have had from 6 weeks old. My wife called me at work and said Sable had thrown up her food and just couldn't seem to get comfortable. When I got home, I noticed she was lethargic and dry heaving, so we rushed her to the emergency vet. After an exam and x-rays, it was as I feared, bloat, her stomach had twisted inside. My girl never complained once in her life, no yelps of pain, but she was whining on the gurney and that was even after they gave her pain medication and eleviated the gas buildup in her stomach. I had hoped for her to pass in her sleep, comfortably, because with her being such a loving part of the family, she had earned that in my book. Alas, it was not to be. Knowing her age and declining health, I made the decision all owners dread, I would have to make her pain go away the only way possible. My wife and daughter, with whom she grew up with were there as well. We gave her comfort and love and as I stroked her head and whispered loving statements, I saw her light fade away as the doctor gave her the injection. The take charge man I was turned into a babbling infant the second she was gone. I would be remiss not to say how great a member of the family she was and her instinct, intuition, calmness and unconditional love was a joy to experience. My Sable girl, I miss you and will always love you. With all my heart I hope we will see each other again when the time comes.

Daddy (tacman)

Ron (r273):
That story touched my heart. :sorry:    We too will be going thru this same thing with our sweet Muffy. She is now 13, diabetic with two shots a day, almost completely blind, skin allergies (scratches a lot no matter what you use on her), eye allergies, eyes are itchy a lot  (we  use Bausch + Loms  doggy eye drops). Has had 2 bouts of pancreidas. In spite of all this she still gets around the whole house, eats well, (but has to be hand feed sometimes so she can get her shots on time) goes outside when it's time. She knows everyone by smell. She sits up a begs for treats when she knows it's someone not living here. I know she has no real life but we can not let her go, not yet. :no:

Ron (r273)

Paul:
I know the feeling as I lost my Red Girl  last May after 11 years.
I still have her four legged sole mate (Blondie) and he is getting
spoiled rotten in his old age.

Tmmybahama:
I have two dogs... A Stafford Shire Terrier (English Pit Bull), which has smaller head than the American Pit, but MUCH larger body to head proportion.....  Her name is ROXY, and is a beautiful brindle color.. Her step brother, is BRUTUS, who joined our family 3 years ago when my wife's brother couldnt keep the dog at his new place we were happy to bring him in... Both of them are 7 years old (not sure on Brutus exactly, but Doctor's at the Vet think so)

Tmmybahama:

--- Quote from: Tacman on February 26, 2014, 09:41:23 PM ---Well, as all pet owners know in the back of their mind, the day will come to say goodbye. Sunday was such a day for me. I had to say goodbye to Sable, my female Akita that I have had from 6 weeks old. My wife called me at work and said Sable had thrown up her food and just couldn't seem to get comfortable. When I got home, I noticed she was lethargic and dry heaving, so we rushed her to the emergency vet. After an exam and x-rays, it was as I feared, bloat, her stomach had twisted inside. My girl never complained once in her life, no yelps of pain, but she was whining on the gurney and that was even after they gave her pain medication and eleviated the gas buildup in her stomach. I had hoped for her to pass in her sleep, comfortably, because with her being such a loving part of the family, she had earned that in my book. Alas, it was not to be. Knowing her age and declining health, I made the decision all owners dread, I would have to make her pain go away the only way possible. My wife and daughter, with whom she grew up with were there as well. We gave her comfort and love and as I stroked her head and whispered loving statements, I saw her light fade away as the doctor gave her the injection. The take charge man I was turned into a babbling infant the second she was gone. I would be remiss not to say how great a member of the family she was and her instinct, intuition, calmness and unconditional love was a joy to experience. My Sable girl, I miss you and will always love you. With all my heart I hope we will see each other again when the time comes.

Daddy (tacman)

--- End quote ---

Sorry about the passing of your dog Sable.....  What a beautiful dog!  God works in mysterious ways, and when its time, its time....  I feel your pain, for I too, have had to let a few of my "best friends" move on into the afterlife... God bless...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version