Other Hobbies and Interests that our NLG members enjoy > Other Hobbies and Interests

PCP Air Rifles

(1/1)

dailey:
I recently started a new hobby of PCP (Pre-Charged Pneumatic) air rifles.  My rifle is a .45 caliber 'Western Big Bore Bushbuck'.   It can send a 475 grain bullet downrange with over 600 ft/lbs of energy. That's more power than a .45 ACP. To charge the rifle requires 4,500 psi of compressed air. I start with a scuba tank which gets me most of the way there, then finish it off to 4500 with a booster pump. One fill gets you 2 shots.

This gun sounds like a cannon going off, so to prevent disturbing my neighbors I added a silencer (suppressor). The silencer, actually two of them connected together, adds 17-inches to the barrel length. Kind of ridiculous but ok for bench shooting from my back yard and the neighbors can't hear a thing. Luckily my house borders empty fields with no neighbors on one side for a mile.

Check out this YouTube video.

https://www.airgun101.com/index.php/component/allvideoshare/video/western-big-bores-bushbuck-45-full-review?Itemid=405

jakah440:
Wow impressive!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version