Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff > Arcade Games **Video**

Mrs. Packman problem

(1/2) > >>

Bruce G:
Hi everyone - I'm still learning video games and need help on a Mrs. Packman that belongs to a customer. 

Upon game start, the player / cursor position immediately begins moving to the RIGHT even though the joystick is in the neutral position.  The direction will change to left, up, and down if the controller is moved to any of those commands.  As soon as the controller is centered - the position resumes moving right.  The leaf switches in the controller head are all correctly gapped, and I did confirm all are open / off when the stick is centered.  I pulled the connection off the MPU and buzzed out all the leads between controller switches and mpu header plug.  No shorts or open leads found.  So the problem seems to be in the MPU.  I checked all the header pins for cracks, and examined all IC socket pins and component leads for cracked solders.  None identified.  Any advice on how to proceed from this point, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce 

Chris-socal:
Is this a classic machine from the 80s or a more modern, single board machine?

Bruce G:
Hi thanks for asking - it's an original Midway machine. 

Bruce G:
After looking at the schematic, I'm thinking it's the buffer(8E ) that senses the joystick input . 

coinopshop:
 I believe what you are describing in your post is completely "normal" for both Pacman and Ms. Pacman.

The main character will always move until it touches a wall of the maze, so Pac or Ms Pac will move after the game starts regardless if you touch the joystick or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version