New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: LCD swap for Fortune 1 video poker?  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Midcoastsurf New User has no influence.
  • NLG
LCD swap for Fortune 1 video poker?
« on: September 07, 2022, 11:29:21 AM »
Has anyone had success swapping in an LCD for their tube/chassis set up?  Have an IGT draw poker with the RGB 1401a chassis and it's got issues.  Looking for alternative solutions that are cost effective.

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
Re: LCD swap for Fortune 1 video poker?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 12:38:15 PM »
IGT or Fortune 1? Or do you mean a later F1 after they branded with IGT?
I have converted machines using one of the GBS8200. Not all LCD monitors accept them well but you can pick up 15” at thrift stores frequently. The King Derby in my profile pics was converted, it had an RGB monitor.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 06:07:01 PM by Chris-socal »

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 01:20:43 PM »
IGT or Fortune 1? Or do you mean a later F1 after they branded with IGT?
I have converted machines using one of the GBS800. Not all LCD monitors accept them well but you can pick up 15” at thrift stores frequently. The King Derby in my profile pics was converted, it had an RGB monitor.

I think he meant GBS8200.  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Chris-socal

• Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 06:07:25 PM »
Good catch, corrected.

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 06:31:48 PM »
It's this guy, an IGT Draw Poker with the RGB 1401a chassis (missing components, blown B+ transistor, and who knows what else).  I don't even know if the tube is good or if the game board works. BUT, the machine itself is in really nice, clean shape all around.

So, looking at options to get the game working.  I've used CGA converter boards for arcade games, but wasn't sure if there is a specific converter board or any tricks to get the signal to work on the LCD screen.

I believe it's just hacking into the connector that goes here at the top right of the chassis, correct? (RGB, ground, V-sync, H-sync).

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 08:55:23 PM »
Yes, RGB….challenging.
I think I have one of those in storage, we can probably piece yours back together. Standard RGBG & sync. I would certainly try. I would probably fail, but I don’t give up easily.
Any chance you can get a picture of the game board? It is a newer Fortune case, should be easy to get working.
It looks clean overall, they are fun dedicated machines.

If the game board doesn’t play right K-Lar has a test station. My guess is that its just monitor.

Chris

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 09:03:32 PM »
Here is my CEI conversion. Plain ‘ol LCD monitor attached to the door. I think I used a generic video converter, should be similar to what you have done with arcade games.  Works great and color is vivid.

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 05:42:27 AM »
Thanks for the pics. Exactly what I’m thinking and probably for less than $50 for used LCD monitor and converter board.

Here’s a pic of the game board and game.

Any idea what the orange and red wires are in the pic? V and H sync?  Will a converter board use both?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 06:06:55 AM by Midcoastsurf »

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2022, 06:09:24 AM »
I didn’t think they used that board into IGT timeframe. Those caps definitely need to be looked at. Also, if you have odd video problems those 3 pots by the edge connector are known to have issues.

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2022, 06:29:05 AM »
I have the equipment to do minor repairs (Hakko 808 and soldering equipment) - replace caps/pots, I just don't know what to replace.

Those 3 pots by the edge connector can cause video issues like this one? (my other IGT Fortune 1 Draw Poker - the one with wiring hacks I'm still working through).

Do you try and adjust those 3 pots with the game on?

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2022, 06:48:54 AM »
I think you are correct on the orange and red wires. May need to try hooking them up and see what happens, then swap them if needed.

You have some corrosion on the transistors on the heat sink in the upper right corner of the picture.  Replace the aluminum electrolytic capacitors on the board. Recap the crt main board too. That might bring the whole thing back to working? See how the LCD looks when you get it hooked up.

If you would like some guidance or help, PM me.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2022, 07:14:23 AM »
sorry for the confusion - the screen image I shared is from my other Video Poker, NOT the machine this thread is about.  It was only to share an example of whether those 3 control pots would help fix my garbage on the screen.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2022, 07:49:54 AM »
The 3 pots are the R,G,&B color controls to adjust the background color only.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal