**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > ARUZE Video

aruze g-enex questions

(1/4) > >>

reactorpwr:
Have an aruze g-enex machine.  Having some issues with it.  I have never seen this machine run before, so I am unsure if it is missing anything.  Reason I say that is, next to ticket printer, there is an empty 18 pin molex connector and USB connector just sitting on the shelf.  In front of the PSU and next to speaker, there is an empty 9 pin molex connector.   

Machine currently is on an endless reboot cycle.  Shows the various hardware and game loading screens and aruze screen (on both monitors), then goes to no sync on lower screen and nothing on top screen.

It showed having low batteries, so I replaced 2 inside the cage (1 on motherboard, 1 on blue GMEM cassette board), 1 on board inside box on lower half of door, 1 on board inside box on back wall (behind where reel shelf would be if it were a reels type machine). 

Power up self test now showing backup memory test : cracked 

I have followed instructions given on here and other websites for trying to clear machine.  I have the cage door open and drawer pulled out about 1". The key is turned and set in counter-clockwise position.  There is a clear DIP switch on the GMEM card, but I am unsure what the proper procedure is for the actual clear DIP switch.  I have a general manual for this machine that I found online, but it doesn't go into the ram clear procedure.

buzzarama (if they are still around) mentioned checking the caps on the video card.  if it were the caps, would i still have some video coming out the card up until the point it goes to load the game?

reactorpwr:
bump for updated OP

Slotman:
Move the little dip switch on the gmem card to the other position.  You will not be able to ram-clear with it in the wrong position and exhibit the signs you mention.
You probably arent getting the prompt to turn the key to the neutral position because of that switch therefore you are never completing the ram clear.

Keep in mind that ram clears for aruze DO NOT require you to shut down the machine.  Once you turn the key clockwise it will say cleared and loading defaults.  It will then go to loading graphics.  That can take a while.  Dont shut the machine down.  You will hear a few loud sounds when it has fully booted.

reactorpwr:
I had turned off the machine to inspect the GPU prior to receiving your message Slotman.  There is at least one questionable cap on the video card, but I ordered some replacements to attempt replacement on all 3 on the board.

Upon putting the card back in, reconnecting everything as before, powering up machine with clear dip switch flipped (now in clear position) and key in locked CCW position, the machine does the same thing as before.  However, it isn't going to an endless reboot like before.  The machine boots and powercycles itself 1 time.  Machine ends up with bottom screen on the floating "lost sync error" box (no video input) and the top screen is blank. 

Slotman:
If you are getting to the memory cracked error you have passed the POST tests, passed the OS Verification, the Game ROM verification.  You are just stuck at either a partial ram clear or not even any ram clear.

You can take the video card out, test the mpu on a bench with a ATX power supply and plug a VGA monitor in to the VGA port and see if it keeps rebooting.

The power supplies are notorious for giving just enough power to make troubleshooting a nightmare.

Swap you top power supply with your bottom supply as long as the top has a P1-P2-P3 port it will be a 750watt supply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version