New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: aruze g-enex questions  (Read 1667 times)

Offline reactorpwr

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • reactorpwr New User has no influence.
  • NLG
aruze g-enex questions
« on: September 22, 2022, 09:05:56 AM »
Have an aruze g-enex machine.  Having some issues with it.  I have never seen this machine run before, so I am unsure if it is missing anything.  Reason I say that is, next to ticket printer, there is an empty 18 pin molex connector and USB connector just sitting on the shelf.  In front of the PSU and next to speaker, there is an empty 9 pin molex connector.   

Machine currently is on an endless reboot cycle.  Shows the various hardware and game loading screens and aruze screen (on both monitors), then goes to no sync on lower screen and nothing on top screen.

It showed having low batteries, so I replaced 2 inside the cage (1 on motherboard, 1 on blue GMEM cassette board), 1 on board inside box on lower half of door, 1 on board inside box on back wall (behind where reel shelf would be if it were a reels type machine). 

Power up self test now showing backup memory test : cracked 

I have followed instructions given on here and other websites for trying to clear machine.  I have the cage door open and drawer pulled out about 1". The key is turned and set in counter-clockwise position.  There is a clear DIP switch on the GMEM card, but I am unsure what the proper procedure is for the actual clear DIP switch.  I have a general manual for this machine that I found online, but it doesn't go into the ram clear procedure.

buzzarama (if they are still around) mentioned checking the caps on the video card.  if it were the caps, would i still have some video coming out the card up until the point it goes to load the game?

« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 12:12:52 PM by reactorpwr »

Offline reactorpwr

• NLG
Re: aruze g-enex questions
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 12:14:30 PM »
bump for updated OP

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 12:23:46 PM »
Move the little dip switch on the gmem card to the other position.  You will not be able to ram-clear with it in the wrong position and exhibit the signs you mention.
You probably arent getting the prompt to turn the key to the neutral position because of that switch therefore you are never completing the ram clear.

Keep in mind that ram clears for aruze DO NOT require you to shut down the machine.  Once you turn the key clockwise it will say cleared and loading defaults.  It will then go to loading graphics.  That can take a while.  Dont shut the machine down.  You will hear a few loud sounds when it has fully booted.

Offline reactorpwr

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 01:09:06 PM »
I had turned off the machine to inspect the GPU prior to receiving your message Slotman.  There is at least one questionable cap on the video card, but I ordered some replacements to attempt replacement on all 3 on the board.

Upon putting the card back in, reconnecting everything as before, powering up machine with clear dip switch flipped (now in clear position) and key in locked CCW position, the machine does the same thing as before.  However, it isn't going to an endless reboot like before.  The machine boots and powercycles itself 1 time.  Machine ends up with bottom screen on the floating "lost sync error" box (no video input) and the top screen is blank. 

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 01:22:18 PM »
If you are getting to the memory cracked error you have passed the POST tests, passed the OS Verification, the Game ROM verification.  You are just stuck at either a partial ram clear or not even any ram clear.

You can take the video card out, test the mpu on a bench with a ATX power supply and plug a VGA monitor in to the VGA port and see if it keeps rebooting.

The power supplies are notorious for giving just enough power to make troubleshooting a nightmare.

Swap you top power supply with your bottom supply as long as the top has a P1-P2-P3 port it will be a 750watt supply.

Offline reactorpwr

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 01:32:50 PM »
What top power supply do you speak of?  Behind the top monitor?  I only have one power supply and that is on the bottom section, backwall. If i am supposed to have 2 (in lower and middle section) then i have found my problem.

Offline reactorpwr

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 01:35:23 PM »
Pics

Offline reactorpwr

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 02:46:17 PM »
Happen to have pinout on the keyswitch?  I know it is only 4 wires, but just wanting to see proper wires since im thinking faulty switch on top of everything else that may be wrong.   

I got it to boot where it prompted me to turn key to neutral position a few times. When i go turn the key it seems like it wants to die. The latest time of getting the clear prompt, it didnt even let me turn the key before the screens turned off.

Offline reactorpwr

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2022, 04:18:30 AM »
Great news. I replaced the 3 caps onboard the gpu and i was able to clear the machine. Now i need some guidance on actually getting into the game setup/settings menu. I landed on a touch screen calibration screen, which when done loaded the game up for play as is.

Also need to figure out how to setup tito on this bad boy (if even possible).

Offline reactorpwr

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2022, 07:04:36 AM »
love how the game plays, but have some additional questions for those who are familiar with this machine;

1. what exactly is the gamble option that the game speaks of after a win (rebet, gamble, take win)?  I don't see an option to gamble on screen (unless it is a button missing on the button deck?)

2. despite having bet 1-5, when i press any bet multiplier (1-5), it automatically starts the spin at max bet.  Unsure if this is a wiring issue or if it has anything to do with the gamble option.  (button setup menu shows multiplier as being set 1-5)

3. is win % adjustable on aruze machines like they are on other video (and reel) machines?

4. havent found any sort of info on TITO being possible.  It has a ticket printer (which it recognizes in the settings menu) so it is at least TO, but unsure if the ticket printer only truly worked (properly) with whatever system the machine was on / where it was located at originally.  The innovator, being newer, does have TITO capability, but would honestly be shocked if this 2015 g-enex didn't.

I would like to thank everyone here at NLG for all help with getting this machine playable.  Not too shabby for a 100$ score (in non-working condition.)

Offline reactorpwr

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2022, 08:45:42 AM »
well, i have the instructions for tito and the board/wiring, but the machine is experiencing communications offline error.  I assume that I will need to determine how to make a "host" for this machine or make it oblivious to needing a host.  Guessing that tito wont work while this comms error exists too.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2022, 09:33:55 AM »
Under online settings just set the communications to NONE
(im going from memory, the verbiage may be slightly different)

When its set to none handpays are forced and no device is needed.
When you do get a device you will use the DB9 port on the left behind the door of the secure area.

Offline reactorpwr

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2022, 09:40:26 AM »
i already have a tito board/cable at this time.  however, to enable the options to allow tito to work (per the instructions), communications cannot be set to none.  it blanks all the tito options with it set to none.  one of those catch 22's, want the game to play without errors and event buffer full?  cant have tito.  want to play the game with tito?  have errors and risk event buffer becoming full and locking up.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2022, 10:36:55 AM »
i already have a tito board/cable at this time.  however, to enable the options to allow tito to work (per the instructions), communications cannot be set to none.  it blanks all the tito options with it set to none.  one of those catch 22's, want the game to play without errors and event buffer full?  cant have tito.  want to play the game with tito?  have errors and risk event buffer becoming full and locking up.

Sorry, thought you didnt have a device.

Set it to SAS 5.2 if you arent using enhanced validation (doubt you are) and there should be less filling the buffer. 

I am using a proprietary system but have tested the basic arduino type devices and worked flawlessly.

Offline reactorpwr

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2022, 11:06:29 AM »
I dont have the option to set it to SAS 5.2, only 6.X (unsure on version off the top of my head; not in front of the machine) or off entirely. 

I appreciate your help with this.  This is my first aruze.  I'd love a newer version machine than g-enex, but some of my machines have to go to provide space for anything new as well as funding. 

Offline reactorpwr

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2022, 05:12:25 PM »
Alrighty, now that i am back around the machine and had time to monkey with it…

Tito is working. Pebmac.  Had tito serial plug in wrong port.  I tried from the serial extension on the back of the door and from a secondary serial plug on cpu. Had to unplug serial extension going to door to get tito to work as planned. Removing the serial extension from door to cpu also cleared network error.

Only remaining issues are my buttons. The machine acknowledges when i press the bet 1-5x multiplier buttons.  However, the machine will not let me spin with anything but 5x multiplier. Press 1x-4x then spin = nothing,  press 5x then spin = 5x multiplier spin, press max bet = autospin with 5x multiplier.

At this point i am happy to have it working, period. Thanks again to everyone here and also to Brian @ TitoAtHome

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal