**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Other Reel Games

Mills Antique Slot - Spins and Stops but Won't Accept Coins or Pay Out

(1/1)

Dirty Slots:
This machine I have offered to help fix. He says it spins and stops, but it won't accept coins or pay out.

Anyone know what that might be? I can get pictures of the mechanisms if you need any. Thanks

His exact words: " It is working and stopping as designed, but will not take coins or pay"...

He has owned it for over 60 years. Beautiful machine! (pics below)

reactorpwr:
my '32 mills cherry burst machine had the same issue (part of the problem).  one thing it could be: looking from the backside of the machine, there are fingers that go from left to right (spring loaded, goes into holes in the reels).  someone had liquid steeled these fingers from being able to move.  the reels could land on a winning combination but not acknowledge/payout due to fingers not being able to engage the holes in the reels.

Other than that, I am not familiar enough with these machines.  I had to bring mine to a gentleman in Florida to repair. 

Dirty Slots:
Does it sound like the pay slides or arms need to be cleaned/lubed?

reactorpwr:
maybe.  i am no expert with these older machines. 

Pinballwizard55:
For what it,s worth i remember someone telling me to never,ever oil up the pay slides as this will attract too much dirt. also make sure the pay slides are not rusty or gunked up. I believe the machine in your photo is referred to as a mills club bell,which is just a mills extraordinary ina nice floor model cabinet, good luck, The wizard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version