**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Other Reel Games

Mills EM Machine - Accepts Coins / Spins / Doesn't Stop

(1/1)

Dirty Slots:
This beautiful Mills Electro Mechanical machine belongs to a friend. It accepts coins as usual, it will spin when you pull the handle, but the reels just spin freely until they stop on thier own.

We would love to fix it.

Picture here:

If you need any aditional info or pictures just let me know.

Thank you!

Pinballwizard55:
I would think that maybe the clock is not running out. gummed up possibly, maybe a spring popped off or broke off, give it a good look over. The wizard.

Dirty Slots:
Thank you! Will do.

shortrackskater:
A bit of advice:
If you start collecting or repairing mechanical slots, you have to just LOOK inside and EVALUATE how they work. WATCH videos on YouTube showing Mills, Jennings, Watling, etc slot machine in play. Once you understand how they work, then it's MUCH easier to troubleshoot them. You also have to remember not to ever force anything on a mechanical machine or you will end up breaking a part that's difficult or impossible to find and then you have to enroll in a metal fabrication course. 
Also that Mills machine is not really an EM or electro-mechanical, other than it may have a solenoid that releases the lever lock, and a light or two inside. The mechanism is entirely mechanical and will work and pay outside the cabinet. EM machines will cycle independently (mechanically) but the outcome of the spin (and the coin-in amount) sets up an electrical action connected (through bundles of wiring) that puts the hopper in play in order to pay out much larger amounts of coins as compared to a truly mechanical machine.
That particular machine is known as a Mills "M" slot.
Also, check out coinopcollectorforum.com - That forum is exclusively for mechanical slot machines.

Dirty Slots:
Thank you for that info! I signed up for Coin Op Forum. I will watch some videos and study up on them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version