**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Other Reel Games

School me on this Mills Black Cherry please

<< < (2/2)

shortrackskater:
Ed might be able to make the key for that. Ed???
If not, Dave Berten, in NY IL, can do it. He's had health issues but he's back in business. It's well worth the money. If you do sell, you have to find a REAL collector who will know the added value of that original lock. Great you found it! That's a rare thing that the old lock was kept.  :yes:

63mini:
 shortrackskater,

I could re-key it but, I do not have any surplus keys to use.  Also, Dave Berten is in IL.  :yes:

Fiddlehead,

You can find spare keys on eBay.  Finding one with the same # would be short of a miracle.  You can purchase a non-matching key and disassemble lock and file down the pins to work with the replacement key.  There are a couple videos on YouTube that show you what you would need to do.

***Here is the link to the video. 

Fiddlehead:
Thanks for the link to the video.  Good info here!  It's good to know rekeying is possible whether I do it or leave it for the next owner.

How do I ensure my friend gets fair value for these?  She's a close family friend and I would never take advantage of her.

shortrackskater:
Slot machine values can be quite variable. It depends on a number of things such as location, scarcity, how bad someone wants it (if you had it in a auction, as an example.)
For antiques, location isn't quite the value-determining factor as it is for "newer" (EM, or MPU based) machines.
And, slot ownership legality varies state to state. It appears you're in Maine? Is that where the friend is as well?
Maine is cool! They allow any age machine to be privately owned.  :applause:
But in some cases, they can be harder to sell if they're in a non-legal state such as South Carolina or Tennessee. Bad bad states!  :no:
The machines you have aren't really rare, so to speak.  I'd think the Castle Front might be worth more than the Black Cherry but maybe Ed will chime in on this. Most machines like those I've seen sell in the range of $1500 - $2600, but there are determining factors like I mentioned above, along with how original the restoration is: original key/lock, cashbox, back cover, cash box cover etc.
You can look on eBay, Craigslist, offer up, etc frequently and see what other people are asking. But remember, someone on eBay might be asking $3000 for a Black Cherry but it doesn't mean he'll get that!
Hope this helps a little.

63mini:
 Fiddlehead,

As shortrackskater has mentioned there are quite a few variables to consider.  If you are just looking for $ numbers, the best I can do is give you a window.  I feel that the Black Cherry could fetch between $600-$900.  The Castle Front could be $100-$200 more as they are a more desirable machine.  It all really depends on what someone would really pay and what they want to do with them.  They both could use some $ to bring them up to the next level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version