New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New and overwhelmed in the slot world. Sigma W3113 Double Cherries reel problem?  (Read 2796 times)

Offline jhamelton

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jhamelton New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hi all. Brand new to this slot world. picked up a couple older machines for a good price (i hope). One is a Sigma 3 reel W3113 double cherries machine. I have dug and dug and dug around and havent found much info at all. I'm assuming because of its age. Whats happening is every time i reset it with the key, I get a reel spin error flashing. I will attach picture. I tried several times but it will not let me upload the video i have. its to large. Basically what it does is put two coins in, hit spin, reels start to spin and then the stop and it says "NO SPIN      1" on the display. Every now and then I might get lucky and it will work for a couple spins. I need to do some learning on the tests that can be done, but cannot find a bit of info. Anyone dealt with one of these? Ideas on what's wrong? boat anchor? Any help is greatly appreciated, because if i drop one more f bomb over a slot machine i bought that doesnt work, my wife might stab me  :drool04:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 09:29:25 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline jhamelton

• NLG
More pics. Not sure why they are loading sideways.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 09:31:22 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
I am no expert but I had one of these, fun machine.
I have heard of their stepper motors going out. I got lucky on mine, it threw the same error but mine turned out to be the ribbon cable on the left, when I closed the door it dragged on reel 1.
When you start the machine and then close the door do you get any movement out of any of the reels?
Have you verified that you are getting voltage on all 3 power lines? I believe it has 5,12 and 24v.

Chris

Offline jhamelton

• NLG
Have not checked voltages cause I couldn’t find any info on it so I didn’t know where to check or what it should be. Yes when I close the door or when I turn the reset key the reels go through there self test. Reel 1 doesn’t stop suddenly like 2 and 3 do. It stops slower and kind of “jitters” or “twitches” as it comet to a stop then it displays the code.

Offline jhamelton

• NLG
Got it figured out. I swapped reels one and two and the code moved to a reel two code so it appears I need a new stepper motor for that reel. The number on the motor is HB5718BA. no luck finding one online so i took it to my local motor repair shop to see if they could do anything with it. fingers crossed.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
www.slotmachinerepair.com sells a 3 reel basket assembly at the Specialty Items web page.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Chris-socal

• Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
Those are good finds. If the shop cannot find what is wrong you have an option to buy the whole assembly. You could part out your other two good motors and make your money back.

You might want to talk to the motor shop about what specifically failed. Wear-and-tear is one thing but if a coil burned out there is potentially a problem with the driver. This article explains what is going inside and there is a section half way down that talks about step failure and why what failed is important. I don’t recall where the drivers are but they are suspect.

https://www.designworldonline.com/step-motorstroubleshooting-basics-part-1/

Offline jhamelton

• NLG
well the motor shop couldn't help me. So i'm looking for a stepper motor for this thing if anyone has one or knows where i can get one.

Offline Chris-socal

There are lots of electronics surplus vendors out there, you might find a stepper with the same specs. Or you could buy the rack Badbaud mentioned knowing it has 3 motors that work with Sigma. Are the specs on the motor?

Offline jhamelton

• NLG
No specs on the motor. Just part number.

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
Pictures always help. And if you measure it, that would help also. Maybe someohas one on a shelf, and does not realize it without seeing it

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal