New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Hi. Can anyone assist with a machine ID?  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Chaos

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chaos New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hi. Can anyone assist with a machine ID?
« on: December 23, 2022, 06:27:33 AM »
Hi all, newbie here from South Africa.
Sorry to just straight into a question. Myself and the wife love to just tinker with stuff...learning as we go along. Years ago I bought a few pinball machines, and learned a ton restoring and fixing them.
Been a long time though. Now I have a craving to play with an old slot machine and see if we can get it going.
Bought the following machine for less than $100, so I don't have much to lose if it's junk or can be fixed.
Was wondering if anyone can ID it for me? From there I can get some manuals, and start cleaning and then see what is wrong. Haven't attempted anything yet.
Appreciate any info. I expect that like the pinballs, this is going to involve lots of Paypal money, importing parts and general frustration. But I guess if it was easy, it wouldn't be worth doing.
Is this one a waste of time?

Offline ok2bnvus2

• Reputation Power: 9
  • ok2bnvus2 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Hi. Can anyone assist with a machine ID?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 06:46:45 AM »
im no expert let the other guys chime in i believe its a newer version of mine williams igt s2000 i know for mine i had to buy a ram clear chip a game setup chip and a battery for the ram and alot of web searching to figure out how to set it up with that said i was able to find the chips and battery for 35 bucks good luck

Offline reactorpwr

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • reactorpwr New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 07:36:03 AM »
looks like Universal Ultra Series to me (given manufacturer date).  model # i believe would be the same # as shown on the eprom.

Offline Chaos

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 08:02:20 AM »
Ooh. Confused now.
If it's a Universal Ultra Series, weren't those made in 1996?
The partial plate I can see there says Mfg 14 11 89 so 1989?
Universal Double Diamond machine maybe? Could this be pre-Ultra? If confirmed, I guess the next step is looking for manuals. Board pic below, showing number. Does this help at all?
Thanks for the help so far.

Offline reactorpwr

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • reactorpwr New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 08:15:07 AM »
ahh, you may be correct.  it may not be ultra-series.  I have 0 info on these machines.  Manufactured way before my time of when i started mucking around with machines.

Offline Chaos

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 08:20:40 AM »
Doing more searching around the net, I may have an Australian Universal 8600 machine.
I think that may be a problem, as I can't find manuals and they seem to be different to the US machines. Hmmm....can't I get lucky for a change? lol.
Seems Universal Oz wasn't averse to using IGT themes...hence why this is a Double Diamond.
I'm hoping someone here can confirm or deny....or maybe help a bit. Not even sure where I would get Universal manuals, especially for this machine. Hope I'm not SOL here.

Edit to add: Wow, searching the net, I see user Uniman has been giving advice on slots for well over 10 years. Really impressed.
He seems to have good info on the old Universal slots. Any way to tag him?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 08:40:32 AM »
turn the power off, press and hold the reset switch, turn the power on, let go of the reset switch. Close the door and see if it will accept a coin

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 239
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 08:41:33 AM »

Offline Chaos

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2022, 09:55:32 AM »
I did thanks.
Hope he can assist. I am not even contemplating turning this thing on until I wipe away years of dust and grime, and make sure nothing is missing or dangerous.
I bought it as non working and have no clue what the state of it is. I'll take that step when I have a bit more info.

Offline Chaos

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2022, 10:48:07 AM »
Here are pics of the main board.
I also wanted to know if there is anything missing or looks like a problem.
There are 2 slots that I was wondering if there are supposed to be chips in them. No idea.
Board is filthy. A thick layer of grease/grime. Is it ok to use Isopropyl Alcohol and a soft brush to clean the board if I am careful with all the components?
It is going to need a ton of careful cleaning, but that's what these projects are about I guess.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2022, 11:27:39 AM »
Chaos,

It appears you are missing the eproms and a daugther/adapter board.  There is also a blank spot for a battery.  I have attached a photo of a similar board from the NLG older site.

Offline Chaos

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2022, 11:44:20 AM »
Sigh.
I was afraid of that. Damn. I can't see much hope of finding Eeproms for an obscure Australian machine.
That might be the end of this project.
Battery I am sure can be found and installed. But chips.....  :hissyfit:

Which daughter board do you mean?

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2022, 12:46:12 PM »
 Yes, you have the Universal Aussie version slot machine with the 8600 board. These were in South Africa also. Believe it is Pacific model.
Universal copied IGT Double Diamonds Deluxe, apparently could do that overseas.

What I remember about the 8600 board;
--believe it had a Dallas keychip to get it rebooted.
--I had a couple of these machines years ago and NEVER could get one working.
--Way back around 2008 there was an NLG member from South Africa, DUPUHINI. Guy was VERY GOOD with Universals, long gone now.

Member iwalker would have the most knowledge on these I believe.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2022, 01:07:54 PM »
Which daughter board do you mean?

It would be that "C" shaped board that plugs into the blue socket.  It surrounds the battery in the photo I posted.  It also contains the IC with the "Advanced Australia" decal.

Also, here is a past discussion on a similar machine.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4364.0

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2022, 01:24:36 PM »
That daughter board was a removable/raised eprom socket with a ram chip.

Offline Chaos

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2022, 01:33:02 PM »
I guess unless I encounter a miracle and someone here in SA has all 3 parts missing, there really isn't any hope of getting this machine working?
Pity, the more I go through it, the better condition it looks under all the grime. I guess someone used it as a donor machine.
Without those parts, can't even turn it on and learn anything about the rest of its condition?

Any leads in Australia for parts for these? Is it a dead end at this stage?

Thanks again folks...I really appreciate all the input.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal