**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker

IGT Blackjack machine

(1/2) > >>

rgull77:
Hi
I just picked up a 1981 IGT blackjack machine and it was working perfectly except for a hopper issue. I was going to post about the hopper, but it has now become a back issue.
The monitor suddenly went blank and started smoking. Beneath a mouse nest behind the monitor, I found this damage (see pic). Can this monitor be repaired? In SoCal?
Thanks in advance
Randy

Chris-socal:
What a beautiful machine. You are lucky it has a 1492, that damage should be very fixable. Plus those boards are still available on ebay or from some of the sponsor businesses like NLG or K-Lar. You don’t even need to send the tube for repair, just the board. They will likely have a tube they can test it on.

As for the hopper we will need a little more information and There are several members who can help troubleshoot a hopper.

Chris

rgull77:
Thanks Chris,

I didn't think about Allan. I thought I'd have to bring him the whole monitor. I see his Ebay listing; I'll send the board to him. Then after that, I can address the hopper issue.

rgull77:
So, a working monitor board is on its way.

As for the hopper problem, it didn't take long to find it. The resident mouse ate through the green wire in the picture right at the pug. It connected right next to the yellow wire on the end. This wire goes to the hopper Molex plug. There is not enough wire showing to reattach it. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

Chris-socal:
That’s tough. I think the top of that connector pops off but you need to be adventurous! If you do pop it off you will need to make some decisions on the best way to re-attach. New wire patch section?
However, if there is ANY wire sticking out you can probably solder onto it, maybe use a razor blade to scrape the insulation away. I have patched ICs that break off with just a bum sticking out.
Option 2 would be to solder onto the board and put an inline connector just for the green wire. Not likely to be disconnected a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version