Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff > Other Arcade and Amusement Games

nishijin pachinko

(1/31) > >>

David Walz:
I have a Nishijin Pachinko, 1971, Super DX, that I am going to work on, I have extensive research on it, so I am planning to dismantle the game and rebuild it from ground up. I am also going to build a wall unit for it. Since it is suppose to be accessed from the front. I am going to restore the lock function, restore the wood, stain the wood, restore the playfield, the lighting will be revamped with a modern LED lights, power supply, fuses, micro switches, everything.

It should be a interesting adventure. As you can see the playfield is faded and a chip in the top.

Pinballwizard55:
Rots a ruck !

Chris-socal:
Im a Pachinko fan but it is a lot of work to restore one, Especially when you can get a machine in good condition for $100-$150.  Most people think they don’t work and advertise as such. Nearly all Pachinko machines work, you just have to know the rules of the mechanics. I have 3, my limit of restoration is steel wool on the chrome, clean all surfaces, maybe some re-attach of loose trim pieces, replace plexi face.
Playfield replacement is a project all in itself. I would love to see pictures as you progress, there is little documentation on doing it. Hopefully you find it fun.
Chris

David Walz:
It is a labor of love, they really need cleaning from the ground up to work 100%. Besides I do it for the enjoyment of it, taking my time, using screws and not staples.

I just made a key for the door lock.  :applause:

I am looking for a extra lock so I can have one key to fit everything, so I don't have to have several keys for the unit. I did the same for each of my slot machines, which is nice.

David Walz:
I am thinking about building a cabinet along this idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version