**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT AVP (Including G20,G23)

2 660 CPUs for one game

(1/8) > >>

Yoeddy1:
Hi guys,

If I have 1 660 CPU full of games, and I have a second 660 CPU that I want to install a bunch of different games on, can I merely swap the 2 CPUs in and out of the same machine?

Thanks,
Jason

Tilt:
No.  But if you swap the two eeproms on the backplane with it you can (at least with a G23v2).  Just like 3902/044 mpu/eeprom swaps.

Yoeddy1:

--- Quote from: Tilt on February 03, 2023, 08:09:28 PM ---No.  But if you swap the two eeproms on the backplane with it you can (at least with a G23v2).  Just like 3902/044 mpu/eeprom swaps.

--- End quote ---

Good to know, Cliff!  Do you have a picture which EPROMs those are?

Thanks,
Jason

RB:

--- Quote from: Tilt on February 03, 2023, 08:09:28 PM ---No.  But if you swap the two eeproms on the backplane with it you can (at least with a G23v2).  Just like 3902/044 mpu/eeprom swaps.

--- End quote ---

Excellent info. I have a G20 though. I will have to look into that. It's a different backplane. I swap the brain box or just the SSD and clear safe storage only. Will get a processor mismatch if I swapped the bb, turn the key once to clear that. Keep cabinet memory intact and all the denom, sas, validation info is still there. Just have to enable the games after that.

Tilt:
I'll take and post a couple of pictures tomorrow.  The only machine I have is a G23v2, so I can't speak for other models.  I do know there are differences between them though.  The eeproms on the G23v2 that you swap out with the MPU is the cabinet memory.  So when you swap from one to another all the statistics, credits, enabled games stay intact.  Makes it nice not to have to re-enable 80+ games for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version