**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT AVP (Including G20,G23)

2 660 CPUs for one game

<< < (2/8) > >>

Yoeddy1:

--- Quote from: Tilt on February 03, 2023, 08:57:58 PM ---I'll take and post a couple of pictures tomorrow.  The only machine I have is a G23v2, so I can't speak for other models.  I do know there are differences between them though.  The eeproms on the G23v2 that you swap out with the MPU is the cabinet memory.  So when you swap from one to another all the statistics, credits, enabled games stay intact.  Makes it nice not to have to re-enable 80+ games for sure.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, for sure.  I did that with my Game King 044 all the time between Superstar Poker and Game King 6.x.  Seconds to swap that chip on the backplane and MPU.  Is there a location to verify if you have a G23v2?

Jason

Tilt:
ID tag on the side of the machine?  Mine shows G23V2 as the model on the tag.  I've also heard if your cabinet controller (blackfin) board has a yellow handle it's a V2, but I don't know if that's acccurate or not.

Takes a bit longer on the G23 because of the additional cables and getting the damn brainbox all the way in.  Mine hit's the rails about halfway in and I have to fight with it to get it the rest of the way in :banghead:

Tilt:
Ok, here's some pictures of the EEPROMs on a G23V2.  The part number is 25256E and it's installed in sockets U2 and U3 on the backplane.  I marked mine 1 and 2, you can mark them however you like (top/bottom, upper/lower etc), but they both need to remain with the MPU that they were operating with and need to be installed in the correct location too.  The 25256E is obsolete in a DIP8 package, so I got the SOIC-8 package and soldered it to a 8 pin SOIC/DIP adapter socket for the first set.  I got those from Mouser or Digikey.  After I knew that it would work I ordered some in a DIP-8 package from China on Ebay and waited for a couple of weeks for them.  They're still available on Ebay.  Like the 3902/044 backplane EEPROM it's a lot easier to remove and install the EEPROMs into the backplane by putting then in a socket.

I also remoted the telltale battery off of the cabinet controller board, so if it decides to leak it won't destroy the board.  Without schematics it's difficult to come up with a mod that would allow us to remove it all together.  It appears that the system not only monitors the battery voltage, but also the charging current.  I tried using 3 AA batteries with a blocking diode to prevent it from trying to charge the alkaline batteries, but I still got a telltale battery tilt error. 

I'd be interested to hear if the MPU/EEPROM swap can be done with other model AVP machines.  I guess the price of 660 brainboxes will probably be going up now  :24: :24:.

Yoeddy1:
Yeah, I definitely will be doing this.  I’m thinking this would be a good idea to run Texas Hold Em since I think it is meant to be run standalone.  I need to see that game in action.  Never have played it, but I’ve heard it needs to be installed by itself.

Thanks,
Jason

sixcardmark:
Unfortunately texas holdem is a lame game on avp IMHO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version