**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Bally Alpha (Cinevision), and ALL Bally "V___" series - V5000, V2000, V1000, etc.

Alpha pro v32 emmotive lighting issue

(1/3) > >>

Hertz14:
Have an alpha pro v32 on which the lighting cycles red green blue every couple seconds. Not staying a solid color or reacting to the game. Bad lcu? Tried a different usb cable, just seems like it’s not communicating. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

sixcardmark:
If machine has led speakers try unplugging them, it could be the led speakers or their harness.  If you don't have led speakers I have a spare lcu board.

Hertz14:
No led speakers here, but looking to upgrade them in the future, so if I were to get the board, probably just go for the 5 series rev or up- assuming yours is a lower rev that you upgraded? I’m gonna check the dips later today to see if something is messed up there. Shoot me a pm with a price on it for the heck of it.

I’m getting more familiar with the A2 platform, and from what I understand, those leds may flash if there’s a tilt or issue somewhere? Game plays fine and no tilts that are indicated. Unplugging the usb makes no change either, so that has me thinking that there’s no communication from the mpu to the board.

dailey:
Is your machine cycling only red, green blue, no other colors?  All of the lights or just certain lights like the cabinet lights?

What happens when you boot up? Each device plugged into the LCU ports (0 thru 7) should cycle through the colors, one device at a time. Does it happen? (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet)

The LCU has a green LED indicator light. Is the light on, is it blinking, and what pattern of blinks. (One, two, three, four blink pattern) The single blink, (blink, delay, blink, etc.) indicates it communicates with the CPU and there are no errors.

Have you recently made any changes to the machine, like adding a topper? The whole issue could be the LCU firmware version is not compatible with one of the devices plugged into the LCU port, or one of the devices is defective. Try disconnecting the topper and see what happens when you boot up.

Hertz14:
Awesome info. I had someone check their lcu dip settings, mine had one different, so tried that. Booted and the same thing. My belly emblem light isn’t working so I disconnected and plugged back in and the  the lights cycled and stayed blue. The belly emblem is still out, probably a bad board. The led on the lcu board was blinking when the lights were cycling red, green blue, but now on solid. I didn’t document how many blinks as I didn’t know what was normal.

I have an upgrade board coming as my plans are to add led speakers and a crown topper, dress it up a bit.

I just got this machine, just working out the bugs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version