**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > ARUZE Video

Another Aruze "Backup Memory Test Cracked Issue"

(1/2) > >>

scottf11961:
I know this is an old post, but hopefully someone will shed some light to me. 7 batteries? I found 5. One on the door, One on the MPU, One on the game board, and two behind the reels. What am I missing? I have the error now..backup memory cracked.. cant get passed it.  Cant think of anything else to do. This happened after I cleared the RAM, and now it wont go away. Heres the kicker, I replaced the 5 batteries and tried to do a ram clear, (set the slide switch to clear, key to reset, power up....and nothing. goes right to the "cracked memory screen

Ice tried everything I can think of to get passed this, and i cant.  :EmoticonHelp4:

Stayouttadabunker:
Omg...I have to work on two of them that have been sitting since Covid.
Can't wait to see the errors when I power them up.
I may only be able to help you then.

scottf11961:
They are beautiful machines when they work.  I'm more into IGT,  but found this one on Craigslist really really cheap. I really just wanted the uba-11-ss bill validator from it which I think I can use in one of my igt s,  (think)..but when I made the offer, he told me take the whole machine. OK!!  $200  later, and 5 hours round trip, and a sore back, and I got it home. I have the service manual for it, so maybe I can help you as well. I did manage to get around the cracked backup battery test last night. Don't know how. .but the BV came to life, the buttons lit up, the LED credits panel lit up, the main screen flashed on briefly,  then the machine rebooted.  Over and over and over. That's where I am. So, I'm debating on purchasing another mpu, (found one for $350) , or just strip the machine down for parts. The 2 power supplies alone are pricey.

Slotman:
That memory cracked error is actually an easy error to fix.
First thing, RAM CLEAR.

Do you get the prompt to turn the key to the neutral position?
Does it get to the point of loading graphics data?
When doing a ram clear sometimes the cage door doesnt register as open and that is the reason that the manual states to pull the cage out just a little bit.

After you answer those questions we can discuss the little switch on the GMEM board.  If the switch is in the wrong position you will never get past memory test cracked.  Make sure it isnt in the
"CLEAR" position.

You can have a beautiful machine up and running with a little work.  They are easy if you know the quirks.
The other thing with ram clearing, you leave the machine on until it boots all the way up to the settings screen.  You dont power down like a lot of machines.

scottf11961:
I did the RAM clear. I prompted me to key to neutral.  It got passed the cracked memory test, all the way to loading graphics.  The BV came to life, and the buttons lit up.  Then it rebooted. And rebooted again.and again. The slide switch was never touched. Through the whole process. It remained in the ON position

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version