Bill Validators, Currency Acceptors and Printers > MEI Mars Bill Validators

CASH CAN NO LONGER BEING RECOGNIZED?? IT MIGHT NEED A GOOD CLEANING.

<< < (2/2)

Jim:
This is for those people who Mei Cash Boxes with the rivets that secure the stacker.

three items have to be cleaned in the cash box, the two plastic pieces, and the plastic tip that sits in the center of those two plastic pieces. the two pieces can be removed from the case, just use a small screwdriver or something that will push them out of there location, wash with windex or ? dry and return to their position, easier if you remove the yellow stacker and spring. then  extend the pusher part on the stacker to expose the plastic tip, clean this .now reassemble and test , this will cure 98% of bad boxes, after you do a couple it only takes 10 minutes to do.

to remove the rivets on the older boxes that do not have screws,  drill a 1/4 hole in the plastic even with rivet, then put a small flat blade screwdriver into the drilled hole and get the blade under the rivet, and pop it out, then when you reinstall secure with a sheet metal screw the size of the hole of the rivet.

Hope this helps

Jim

Stayouttadabunker:
I drilled two 1/4" holes thru the cashbox, and I could NOT work the rivets out with a flatheaded screwdriver....believe me, I tried.  :rotfl:
So I grabbed a center-punch, and drilled down about an 1/8" into the top of the rivet head.
With the round "volcano"present, I punched a reverse screwdriver to make some indentations on the "crater's" edge.
I found a small Torx bit, and slowly reversed the head, until it came out.

Here's a little video I made of the 2nd rivet I did...>>>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version