New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: s2000 MEI Problems  (Read 1682 times)

Offline scottf11961

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • scottf11961 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
s2000 MEI Problems
« on: March 17, 2023, 05:04:06 PM »
So, i picked up a cool old s2000 Cleopatra for a really good price. Its coinless..but the problem is that the machine is not recognizing the BV. Someone suggested getting some chips and start with that. The problem is that there are sooo many different chips for different things, i dont know what chip is what. I typically buy s+, so this is different to me. Can anyone tell me what chip does what? Maybe a list?
Getting back to my problem. , the MEI that was in there didnt work at all. Steady red light. I have another machine that takes the exact same MEI, and swapped it out. It cycled fine. Green light came on. bezel didnt. I made sure in the settings that the validator was enabled. i tried to self test, and it said "no response from bill validator. I reseated the cash box. Same. I switched the cash box to a different cash box. no difference.
MEI 6607R . I did order a 97, and 17 chip that I will have Monday, but is that the way to go, or do I beed a special chip? I know my S+ machines have a chip to enable the bv and set denom. Any and all help appreciated!!!

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
Re: s2000 MEI Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 02:56:54 AM »
I received my new chips. 97. 17. Went through every setting one by one. Set the denomination.  Enabled the bv. Set to coinless. When I set to auto configure netplex devices,  it only sees the printer, and not the bill validator. I know the bill validator works. I swapped it to another machine and it works fine. Getting desperate,  I even took another bill validator assembly, known working unit with the green board and the cashbox out of a working machine and put it into this machine, and same result. I swapped out the enhanced mother board. Same result. It powers up. It cycles as it should. The bezel light never comes on, and auto configure doesn't see the BV.

SOMEONE chime in and tell me what I'm missing

Offline hotlsot

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 09:36:26 AM »
after you put the other bill validator assembly in the machine did you run a netplex configuration?

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 10:29:13 AM »
Yes. I did try to auto configure the new bv, but it only recognized the printer

Offline hotlsot

• hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 10:53:37 AM »
when you swapped the bv did you swap the frame too? I've seen a harness cause this problem.

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 11:17:04 AM »
I did not. The connections to both of the bill validators in the back were the same, but the harness on the good machine is different then the machine I'm trying to fix. The good machine is a WMS. Same validator,  cage, bill stacker, etc. Different wire harness

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2023, 01:44:28 PM »
I think your MEI BV is flashed for a WMS BB2 ?

Could be why your machine is "not recognizing" or "no response" from the BV you're sticking in there.....probably with the power switch ON too.

My S2k's use MEI Model: SC6602's

You said the "green light came on" the BV....was it solid or flashing?
If flashing, how many flashes?

Also, you should have ordered an IVC00224 Clear & Keychip31 for that IGT Vision machine.

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline hotlsot

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2023, 01:51:03 PM »
I don't do any WMS so I may not be of any more assistance here. The bill heads are flashed for different platforms, so I'm not surprised your S2000 doesn't see it.

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023, 08:54:20 AM »
You were correct. I switched the bv to another MEI that I had laying around that was once in an IGT machine, and it worked. It up and running!! What's the difference in chips?

IVC00224 Clear & Keychip31 for that IGT Vision machine.

I used a 97 and 17. I know S2000 has many chips, but what does what?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2023, 09:00:14 AM »
97 & 17 work on 50x boards
224 & 31 work on 50x and 1270 boards.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal