**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT Reel Touch Games

Power required to run a reel / touch machine. ?

(1/2) > >>

Keats:
21 March 2023
I don't know where to find this info.

Does anyone know about how much power ( Amps ) is required to run my new Bucks Ahoy S2000 machine with a topper ?

I want to run the Bucks Ahoy machine and my IGT S + Model B5133 (made in 12/1993) on the same circuit. I have to assume that the S2000 Bucks Ahoy would use more power. It has a Topper and numerious florescent lamps. The older nickle machine is a pretty basic machine without a lot of extras.

Before I overload the 15 amp GFCI breaker, I'd like to know how much juice they take together.

I have two other machines, a Game King and an S2000 (Triple Lucky 5 reel), that are running on a different 15 amp circuit at the same time now. (Not a GFCI circuit).

Perhaps there's a place that lists the required amperage and / or watts consumed?

I know that they are all 120 volt, so if I can get the amps or the watts I can figure out the other values.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Keats
Peoria, Az.

jay:
The simple way to check is to pull the fuses on the machine. The largest which is likely not over 5amp would be your answer.
Generally speaking slots do not take a lot of power. They are a computer board and some florescent or LED lights....
On a S+ with a topper you have 4x 15w florescent tubes at best. This is less than 1 incandescent 60w bulb.

Your largest draw would be when the bill validator, hopper or printer is running. All have motors and draw more than the rest of the unit. This would be your 2-3amp draw.

When looking at your total draw - it is unlikely that 2 hoppers would be running concurrently

Your breaker is there for your protection. If you do accidently draw more than 15amps - which I don't believe its possible with just 2 slots. It will pop and cut off the power..... so the answer is really loader up and if it pops move to a second circuit.  No harm will come to your wiring or your machines.

qbert:
Fully loaded Reel Touch with standard fluorescent lights runs between 260-275 watts

Keats:
21 Mar 23
Jay,

Thank you. after searching all over the net, I found a place that showed some info for an older machine.
It listed the draw as:
Adv Idle 180 watts / 115 VAC = 1.5 Amps
Worst case 400 watts / 115 VAC = 3.7 Amps.
So if each machine was in the Worst case state it would be 3.7 X 2 = 7.4 Amps.

That should probably cover the electrical demand for the florescent lamps turned on and everything running at the same time.

There are no hoppers involved on the Game King. So only my older S+ nickle machine could be making a coin pay out. I've already disabled the Cash Out button on that machine. I didn't want guests to cash out any coins. Easier to just keep a bowl of nickles next to the machine if they insist on using coins to play. It does take bills so there's really no need to even do that.

When I get these machines running on the 20 Amp circuit, I'll do another posting with the results.

Thanks again,
Keats
Peoria, Az.

Keats:

--- Quote from: qbert on March 21, 2023, 04:45:47 PM ---Fully loaded Reel Touch with standard fluorescent lights runs between 260-275 watts

--- End quote ---
-------------------------
Thanks.
Watts divided by volts equals amps. If I'm correct...
So 260 divided by 115 volts = 2.26 Amps.
and 275 divided by 115 volts = 2.39 amps.

I'm thinking that the two machines together might reach 5 amps worst case. Should fit well in the 20 amp limit of the breaker.

Thanks again

Keats
Peoria, Az.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442