NLG Classified ads and White Sheet > NLG Classified ads and White Sheet - PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION BEFORE POSTING!

Illinois Game Chest HD

<< < (4/4)

coolwavepic:
Marc has listed what part to get for the monitors. For my setup BB2e (Thanks to Eddie for the help), on backplane J10 - I disconnected the Jumper from Pin 10 that goes to 12. You need to know how to depin.

On J14, I used Jumper wires and connect them to 5 to 17 and another one from 10 to 18. I tried to order the correct molex connector with precrimped wires but never got the right one so I used the pre-crimp wires to make the jumps. This is not a permanment solution for me because I dont like the game set personally.

So when I'm done with this game, I remove all jumpers on J14 from (5 to 17 and 10 to 18). Plug back the wire on J10 so it jumps from 10 to 12.

Use the DVI emulator that Marc posted to get a full picture. (This does leave a small border, I havent messed witht the monitor settings to fill it up more. Not sure if its possible.)

A couple of things I still need to figure out.
1)  With this setup, my Lighting no longer interacts with the game or any blade games if I keep the jumpers on. Not sure what combination will bring back the LCU.
2) The top monitor still stretches out. I could get another DVI emulator, but not worth the hassle to get into the top box.

Hope this helps and this topic should be in the WMS section.

coolwavepic:
Here it is running.

marcbollinger:

--- Quote from: coolwavepic on June 10, 2023, 10:44:57 AM ---Marc has listed what part to get for the monitors. For my setup BB2e (Thanks to Eddie for the help), on backplane J10 - I disconnected the Jumper from Pin 10 that goes to 12. You need to know how to depin.

On J14, I used Jumper wires and connect them to 5 to 17 and another one from 10 to 18. I tried to order the correct molex connector with precrimped wires but never got the right one so I used the pre-crimp wires to make the jumps. This is not a permanment solution for me because I dont like the game set personally.

So when I'm done with this game, I remove all jumpers on J14 from (5 to 17 and 10 to 18). Plug back the wire on J10 so it jumps from 10 to 12.

Use the DVI emulator that Marc posted to get a full picture. (This does leave a small border, I havent messed witht the monitor settings to fill it up more. Not sure if its possible.)

A couple of things I still need to figure out.
1)  With this setup, my Lighting no longer interacts with the game or any blade games if I keep the jumpers on. Not sure what combination will bring back the LCU.
2) The top monitor still stretches out. I could get another DVI emulator, but not worth the hassle to get into the top box.

Hope this helps and this topic should be in the WMS section.

--- End quote ---

I've had 0 luck with trying to stretch out the display (monitor settings, etc.).

I actually hooked the DVI emulators up near the CPU instead of the back of the monitor, just so I wouldn't have to get into the top box (it's a headache, I agree). There is enough room - just barely.

One thing, you might get lockups every now and then. Not sure if that is happening with Charles or others, but it did with me regardless of what I tried. (8GB in CPU didn't seem to help).

Also, I didn't depin J10, 10 to 12. I just cut the wires (I'm gangster like that) - easy enough to splice back together if needed. Makes it a little easier to go back and forth.

Excellent instructions by Charles - you should have everything you need now.

Best,
Marc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version