**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker

IGT Draw Poker 1981 Screen won’t turn on

(1/1)

Whall813:
Hi everyone,
I’m sure this is probably an easy answer. My husband and I have a 1981 IGT Draw Poker Machine. The original logs are inside. The machine turns on, but the screen doesn’t. We know nothing about repair. Is this something easy? A wiring issue? Possibly needs a new screen? If anyone knows about these please let me know or direct me where to turn. Thanks!!

shortrackskater:
Please post a photo of the machine with door open, showing the screen.

The machine plays still, even with the black screen correct?
It could be a power supply issue within the CRT itself. I'm assuming you never replaced it with an LCD?
These are some of the things needed for the experts here to help you.  :yes: (not me!)
Finally - BE VERY CAREFUL around the CRT when troubleshooting. You can get a potentially   :lightningbolt: :lightningbolt:LETHAL SHOCK :lightningbolt: :lightningbolt: even if the machine is unplugged as the CRT will hold electricity for days.
This can be done safely with a few precautions. The guys will guide you!

Chris-socal:
Shortrackskater is right, if you are not experienced with a CRT monitor it is difficult to give any suggestions. Assuming it is a CRT, it likely needs a tech to verify that it is getting power.
The monitor likely needs a capacitor kit and possibly other components.
It is safe to remove the monitor from the machine but as mentioned do not touch the connector that looks like a suction cup on the back of the tube. Take a few pictures from the back along with a picture of any badge or model number. It will look something like the attached picture unless it is a Trinitron. If its a Trinitron it will not be as open.
Once we see what monitor it is we can better advise.
Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version