**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT AVP (Including G20,G23)

No System Launcher Is Found Or Determined

<< < (3/3)

ChrisColumbus:
unfortunately, I have no clue what o/s was on your machine. At this point it is a guessing game. Mind is 597 or B0C. I don’t know what number you had on your machine.  As for .zip files. It doesn’t matter what the are named as long as they are .zip files.  They may or may not have the description in the file name. If they are in your computer again you can hover over them and you will see a package and certificate name. As in mine ending in 597 which is the B0C o/s. They were updated periodically

T:

--- Quote from: ChrisColumbus on May 17, 2023, 03:42:10 PM ---unfortunately, I have no clue what o/s was on your machine. At this point it is a guessing game. Mind is 597 or B0C. I don’t know what number you had on your machine.  As for .zip files. It doesn’t matter what the are named as long as they are .zip files.  They may or may not have the description in the file name. If they are in your computer again you can hover over them and you will see a package and certificate name. As in mine ending in 597 which is the B0C o/s. They were updated periodically

--- End quote ---
That sure seems odd. All the games are in their own folder. The name and numbers you can see at the bottom of folder however, when you open folder you get the zip file which is only igt_full_install.zip. Hovering mouse over this zip files does not reveal anything. All the other games i installed from zip file(s) had a game name and numbers. I am assuming the OS on my machine is one or the other of A1014A0A OR A1014A09 since the usb stick with games and other stuff came with machine

ChrisColumbus:
That is because someone created a folder and put the actual zip file in the folder.  THE .zip file can be called  WHATEVERYOUWANTITTOBE.zip and it will install the program.  people name the zip file so it is easier to find HINCE what you are going through now! I would assume one of the loaders that came with your machine would be the O/S that was on it. I would try the one labeled A09 first.

and remember, just because someone stuck a file in a folder named "game" doesn't mean it is a game. I would NOT reinstall the file your tried to install!

If you look in the picture above my file are labeled as such IGT_Full_Install (GC014GWE3SDb02 - NAME OF GAME).zip  The files are just named so I know what the are.

My o/s are IGT_Full_Install (A1014A09 - operating sytem).zip  It's just to let me know what the file is. Not everyone does it that way. That way is easier to me. Some people created a folder with the description of contents and drop the .zip file in it. that way can cause errors as you can see because you really don't know what it truly is.

Depending on what windows you are using, you may not be able to hover over a .zip file and it show you the contents.

At this point you have no choice but to either reinstall the O/S without wiping the machine. I don't believe it will work. or wiping the machine and reinstalling

Put your ekey in along with your O/S loader and power on.  see what it says

Also what version of Windows are you using? if you have stuck your loaders into a windows based PC you may not be able to use them unless you remove the "system volume information" from the loader.  I just wrote up a topic about this called Removing the system volume information from a loader in this forum.   Also NEVER stick your EKey into a computer.

T:

--- Quote from: ChrisColumbus on May 17, 2023, 04:55:04 PM ---That is because someone created a folder and put the actual zip file in the folder.  THE .zip file can be called  WHATEVERYOUWANTITTOBE.zip and it will install the program.  people name the zip file so it is easier to find HINCE what you are going through now! I would assume one of the loaders that came with your machine would be the O/S that was on it. I would try the one labeled A09 first.

and remember, just because someone stuck a file in a folder named "game" doesn't mean it is a game. I would NOT reinstall the file your tried to install!

If you look in the picture above my file are labeled as such IGT_Full_Install (GC014GWE3SDb02 - NAME OF GAME).zip  The files are just named so I know what the are.

My o/s are IGT_Full_Install (A1014A09 - operating sytem).zip  It's just to let me know what the file is. Not everyone does it that way. That way is easier to me. Some people created a folder with the description of contents and drop the .zip file in it. that way can cause errors as you can see because you really don't know what it truly is.

Depending on what windows you are using, you may not be able to hover over a .zip file and it show you the contents.

At this point you have no choice but to either reinstall the O/S without wiping the machine. I don't believe it will work. or wiping the machine and reinstalling

Put your ekey in along with your O/S loader and power on.  see what it says

Also what version of Windows are you using? if you have stuck your loaders into a windows based PC you may not be able to use them unless you remove the "system volume information" from the loader.  I just wrote up a topic about this called Removing the system volume information from a loader in this forum.   Also NEVER stick your EKey into a computer.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Chris, i see now you are obviously right about the file naming or not. It certainly makes sence to label the zip file even if its in a Named in a Folder. These zip files when i hover over them do Not say what they are. I use a
Mac only. Might they show on a pc?

Ok, so i load one of the OSs onto a usb. i put in Ekey and OS loader. It stated Hard drive seen how much space was used and space available. It shows the amout used. I assume the games that were installed are still installed. It seemed to load OS but hard to tell for sure. It did say job completed remove installer and it asked for something else to install. I did not have my phone to take a picture. Was not sure what to do so i removed loader then it asked to remove ekey and reboot.

The good new is that when i re-booted the 'No System Launcher Is not Found Or Determined' is now gone!!! It now goes to the initial message "Storage Authucation Failed" Ok, so now i am back to what the initial issue was before i went messing around and F it up. Not sure if i am out of the woods yet but things are a little different now.

With that being said I am not sure where to go. I am assuming i need the ekey & Diagnostic and try to track down this bad file i installed. I did this once and F it up. I was not able to see the file i installed that started all of this. I will try to find what file this was (on my mac) to see if i can come up with a number for it since the zip file was not labeled.

Please let me know if you have another route i should take from what i stated above. Thank you for the help. You certainly have opened my eyes to watch things very close.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version