**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT AVP (Including G20,G23)

No System Launcher Is Found Or Determined

<< < (2/3) > >>

T:

--- Quote from: ChrisColumbus on May 17, 2023, 10:30:29 AM ---If you remove a game by using the diagnostic key then you most likely will have to wipe safe storage and reenable all your games. you do NOT have to do a full wipe or a cabinet wipe. ALWAYS delete and install from the O/S > ekey in goto setup, game, manage packages to install and setup, game, manage packages, NEXT is where you delete. Always make sure the game is not enabled when you delete the package. These game files are registered in the NVRAM for security. Hopefully you just deleted a game and have to wipe safe storage. Usually your GCon games show up first in the list. If wiping safe storage does not work you may have to wipe and reinstall O/S then every game.  I know you were stuck and had to delete from the diagnostic screen so you will have to wipe NVRAM or safe storage. If you had a game king O/S then a lot of games are already installed with the game king O/S. if so you may have deleted a game that comes with the package.

Not having name of game in file will not make a difference as long as it is a .zip file. Are you sure it was a game and not a o/s ? what was the .zip file?

A10140A and A1014A09 are non gameking O/S they should be .zip files if you are installing them only when you have to do a full wipe.

igt_full_install6.5009A_GK0S.zip is a game king o/s

Did you have game king on your machine previously?

--- End quote ---

Not having name of game in file will not make a difference as long as it is a .zip file. Are you sure it was a game and not a o/s ? what was the .zip file? I am sure it was a game. It was in a folder with named game (dont remember name of game). When i opened folder the zip file showed but no name with zip file. It was after i loaded this unnamed zip file i got the "Safe Storage" error. Should have left things alone at that point.

Game King OS or non game king os - I dont know the difference. How do i tell? There are no Poker games on this machine but i assume i could add if i had enough storage space. On usb drive there is also igt_full_install GK 8-3R001GKA.zip.  i assume this is for the roulette os

I am totally lost how to proceed. Can you or someone check their OS file to make sure if the OS is named in parentheses like i noticed in games that loaded up properly. I hope you or someone can lead me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help

also, when i removed package i highlighted the very top item. when i moved it over it expanded to 3 rows in the remove item. Dont know if it matters or not

ChrisColumbus:
Ok so either way you WILL Have to wipe your safe storage or "NVRAM" because you deleted a game with the diagnostic key. There is absolutely no way to get around this. Honestly the machine should have said something as to "you must wipe your NVRAM or Safe Storage" because the game or whatever was deleted.

Once you do something like this there is no recovery. If it was a game and you deleted it, wiping your NVRAM and restarting will fix it and you then go into your O/S and enable the games again. You do NOT have to wipe your hard drive or cabinet memory in your diagnostic key menu.

If it was a system file there is no "putting it back" unless you wipe your hard drive and start over by installing the O/S

So first of all you need to put your ekey in and diagnostic key and delete whatever game package you loaded in.  If you do not know what "game" you put in you and you have them saved on your computer you can open Windows explorer and hover over the file and it should tell you what the game package is. SEE PICTURE BELOW.  Then delete that game file from the machine and wipe the NVRAM and start the machine. Hopefully with that game gone, and the NVRAM wiped, your machine will start and all you have to do is reenable the games from the menu  SETUP-GAMES-ENABLE/DISABLE by selecting the denom you want with the payback percentage and "ENABLE GAME" the green in the bottom left hand corner and then SAVE and do this for all the games on your drive.

so in other words if deleting this "game" and wiping NVRAM does not work, then you will have to wipe the hard drive completly and reinstall the O/S and all the games on the machine

GK8.3R is the gameking o/s software with Roulette.

Also when hovering over the name please note if it is a GAME014 or a GCON014 they are different.

EDIT:   Attached is my package list from the diagnostic menu.  The very first thing is the O/S so most likely you deleted the O/S and will have to wipe everything
            and start over I do not think you can just reinstall the O/S

rickhunter:
Going forward, you should only add/remove games using the the add packages menu item on the admin ekey menu under the setup tab.  It is IGT's recommended method since family 14 came out (if I remember correctly).  Using ekey and diagnostic should only be used to wipe nvram, cabinet, or the drive, or perform diagnostics.  You only install the OS using the boot with ekey and usb flash drive (unless you are installing the gamking 8.3r package from scratch).

T:

--- Quote from: ChrisColumbus on May 17, 2023, 01:25:50 PM ---Ok so either way you WILL Have to wipe your safe storage or "NVRAM" because you deleted a game with the diagnostic key. There is absolutely no way to get around this. Honestly the machine should have said something as to "you must wipe your NVRAM or Safe Storage" because the game or whatever was deleted.

Once you do something like this there is no recovery. If it was a game and you deleted it, wiping your NVRAM and restarting will fix it and you then go into your O/S and enable the games again. You do NOT have to wipe your hard drive or cabinet memory in your diagnostic key menu.

If it was a system file there is no "putting it back" unless you wipe your hard drive and start over by installing the O/S

So first of all you need to put your ekey in and diagnostic key and delete whatever game package you loaded in.  If you do not know what "game" you put in you and you have them saved on your computer you can open Windows explorer and hover over the file and it should tell you what the game package is. SEE PICTURE BELOW.  Then delete that game file from the machine and wipe the NVRAM and start the machine. Hopefully with that game gone, and the NVRAM wiped, your machine will start and all you have to do is reenable the games from the menu  SETUP-GAMES-ENABLE/DISABLE by selecting the denom you want with the payback percentage and "ENABLE GAME" the green in the bottom left hand corner and then SAVE and do this for all the games on your drive.

so in other words if deleting this "game" and wiping NVRAM does not work, then you will have to wipe the hard drive completly and reinstall the O/S and all the games on the machine

GK8.3R is the gameking o/s software with Roulette.

Also when hovering over the name please note if it is a GAME014 or a GCON014 they are different.

EDIT:   Attached is my package list from the diagnostic menu.  The very first thing is the O/S so most likely you deleted the O/S and will have to wipe everything
            and start over I do not think you can just reinstall the O/S

--- End quote ---

Your photo with the packages is what i remember. I did indeed delete that very top one which you are saying is the OS.
With that said or cleared up you stated I likely cannot just re-install OS. I wonder if it would hurt anything to try? Sounds like i may be starting over anyways. If i try that I still am not sure what OS to try? (i have 2 of them with different#) I still think it is odd that when i click on the zip file for either one that both state the same thing igt_full_install.zip. This does not seem right. Should not the 2 different named OS be different zip files. This is what started this whole thing with incorrect or missing game name, I think...

Would you be able to verify which OS i need between the two I have and verify if folder (on your system) that zip is in, does indeed say something different than igt_full_install.zip. I think that is first thing to verify.

i appreciate your help with this. I am pretty lost at this point. I guess i will take a shot at trying to install OS before i wipe everything. I just need to know which OS and if my file is any good or needs to be named properly.

T:

--- Quote from: rickhunter on May 17, 2023, 02:07:55 PM ---Going forward, you should only add/remove games using the the add packages menu item on the admin ekey menu under the setup tab.  It is IGT's recommended method since family 14 came out (if I remember correctly).  Using ekey and diagnostic should only be used to wipe nvram, cabinet, or the drive, or perform diagnostics.  You only install the OS using the boot with ekey and usb flash drive (unless you are installing the gamking 8.3r package from scratch).

--- End quote ---

Thanks Rick
just so you know i did not try to load game with Ekey & Diagnostic. Next time i go to load games I will do as you state. Never had any issues previously loading games from boot with ekey and usb stick with zip files. The difference with this game that was loaded and created the issues was that it only showed igt_full_install.zip it did not have any thing else on the file. I had loaded at least 5 games in the two days previous. The difference was with those games / files loaded had other information on them like the name of game and numbers. I assume system did not know what to do with it so the "Safe Storage' thing came up. i should have stopped there and asked for help. Like a fool I did not and now have created big ol' headaches since i dont know how to proceed.

I really do appreciate all you guys that are willing to help out. At worst i re-do it all and learn how it all works and to watch things morer closely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version