**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Universal Reel/Video Games

Reels don’t spin on universal slot

(1/2) > >>

bud0143:
Hello everyone I have this universal slot machine that when it turns on the reels try to spin but move only 1/2 inch. It has a hum to it also. Never seen the inside of one of these. It has a couple codes one being 13 the other is 50. I read the 50 is door open. Could the power supply be bad? It lights up. Any help would really be appreciated

Pitts256:
Code 13: Powering up without ALL clear

Try powering up with an "ALL CLEAR".

1) Before turning on the power switch press and hold down the reset switch, there's a hole in bottom side of CPU cover.
2) Turn on the power switch.
3) Continue to hold down the reset switch for at least 5 seconds after powering up. You may hear the coin divertor solenoid on the door click once the reset cycle is complete.
4) Release the reset switch. You should see a code 19 (all clear) & 50 (door was open).
5) Press the yellow reset switch one time and close the door.
6) Wait a couple of seconds for the CPU to prep for play, then insert some coins and hit the spin button. After a play the error codes should clear and the flashing candle light will go out.  More error codes may pop up if problems still exist.

The speaker buzzing could be a couple of things. The sound board volume control is turned up too high (you'll figure that out quick once the game boots up an plays) or power filter capacitors are failing in the main power supply and/or on the sound amplifier board. It's possible too that the sound chip has failed on the CPU board and all you're hearing is the amp.

Jim:
to do a reset on a Y-90 universal, remove the hopper, on the bottom of the metal cage surrounding the circuit board there is a round opening in the metal, put your finger in there and search for a button switch. with the power off, push and hold the button switch, now ,turn on the power and wait for a few seconds, you should hear some sounds from the speaker, then release from pushing the button switch.

this is the power on reset for a universal machine, the yellow button is for resetting machine tilts.

Hope this helps

Jim

Pitts256:
Correction made.

Thanks Jim!

bud0143:
Thank you both for your help. I will be at my friends house Friday and I will give it a shot. Thanks again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version