**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT I-Game and Game King

044 green varta battery.

<< < (2/7) > >>

rickhunter:
My bad, you have an international board.  I had the same issue when the battery was bad.  It needs the green battery.  There are some domestic 044 boards that do not require the battery.

Tilt:
Good question, and the answer I think depends on your board.  I recently picked up a couple of boards off of ebay that had the dreaded varta tell tale batteries installed.  I have two others that do not.  Found out today that none of them are the same part number.  I have the following:

75704401 Rev A - No Tell Tale Battery installed
75704402 Rev A - Has Tell Tale Battery installed
75704402W Rev B - Has Tell Tale Battery installed
75704403 Rev A - No Tell Tale Battery installed

The 4402 and 4402W are the two I got from ebay that have tell tale batteries. They had a privileged option keyswitch on the front, and the 4402W has a DB-9 connector on the front instead of a fiber optic interface. 

I removed the battery from the 4402W board first, put it in the machine and it booted just fine. Powered cycled it a couple of times and it booted and played every time.

So I removed the battery from the 4402 board.  Installed it, and it looked like it was booting OK, but when it got to where it Zero checks the flash the second Amber LED went out and it just locked up with the Starting Up please wait screen still being displayed, but the three periods"..." stopped incrementing.  Similar to what coaster described, but my display wasn't blank.  It may be because he's using a legacy adapter board and legacy software? I don't know.  I power cycled it a couple more times and it hung up in that same spot every time.

In looking at the board and schematics there's a bunch of "optional" components that are installed if the tell tale battery is installed.  I decided to remove U24 from the 4402 board, it's a regulator that supplies the charging voltage for the battery.   I then installed the board, and it booted just fine.  Power cycled it a few times and it booted every time.  I've attach some pictures and the schematic for those who are interested in them. 

Jim, the battery on your board needs to go anyhow, so try it without the battery and see if it boots.  It looks like you may have a 4402W board from the way the components are laid out, if so it should hopefully work fine with just the battery removed.   Let us know what you find out. 

cowboygames:
Excellent information and detective work Tilt! :1:

coaster:
Tilt...its was with the legacy adapter board and legacy software.

rickhunter:
I had the same results as Tilt with my 044 board with the battery.  And with the legacy board, I got no screen.  So you will probably need to swap out the battery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version