**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT Reel Touch Games

S2000 Reel Touch video no show

(1/2) > >>

Thehawk07:
I’m working on another reel touch that goes through the process but no video. It starts up with waiting on video, to MSVERIFY Comm error to displaying passes self test. But video doesn’t come up. Where do I start.

qbert:
Are there any beeps that come from the top box when you turn it on?
First try removing and reseating the memory sticks on the top box. Do it about 3 times on each one to maybe clean some corrosion off of the contacts.
You should hear at least one beep(s) from the top box.
The pictures show many swollen caps.

Thehawk07:
No beeps from the top box. Should I replace all the caps? 

qbert:
Before replacing the caps be sure the top box power supply is good. If you can borrow the one from another machine I would try that. It looks like the fan is functional and there should be a few red LEDs lit on the motherboard.
If that doesn't work carefully reseat all of the plugs going to the motherboard.
If you can swap the mpu chip under the fan and heat sink with a working one I would try that.
Replacing the caps is a tedious job and there are a lot of them. The board is two sided so it makes the job that much harder.
If you have tried all above and still no beep, capping may be the last option.
Remember this is a 20 year old computer and everything will be brittle.
Snap a few more pictures of all areas of the motherboard and maybe we can see something out of place.

Thehawk07:
Reconnected every thing and still same issue. Dont have another power supply to try. Going to recap this see if there is a difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version