**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Bally Alpha (Cinevision), and ALL Bally "V___" series - V5000, V2000, V1000, etc.

Dreaded NVRAM Driver Mount Failure

(1/1)

dailey:
Well, it's that time again. I just completed a battery change (MPU & Backplane) on my Alpha 2 Pro V/22 Curve machine. Following the clear, I got that dreaded "Fatal Fault NVRAM Driver Mount Failure". The same thing happened two years ago on this same machine after changing the battery, but I never discovered the cause. The batteries measured 3.2 to 3.3v. I then remembered that I removed the batteries and re-inserted them, then following the clear it was ok. I tried repeating this twice, but this time nothing. I've been beating my head against the wall, then I finally solved it.

The issue is the pair of CR2477 battery holders on the MPU has a bad connection with the battery. If you remove the batteries and carefully examine the battery holder, you will see two contact springs in each holder. I believe these contact springs have weakened or yielded over time and have insufficient contact force for a reliable connection. Using tweezers, I carefully bent the tip of each contact spring outward very slightly to increase the contact force. This time it booted fine, and I made it to the setup menu.

There may be a lot of potential causes for this error, but don't overlook a simple poor battery connection. I just lost faith in this style of battery holder.

coolwavepic:
Great tip! Thanks for sharing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version