**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S and S-plus Reel Games

What settings (Dip or Program) for pay to credits only?

(1/3) > >>

jkp1300:
Can someone explain how to set up my S Plus, three reel, one pay line to pay winnings to credits only and not pay out coins? I've looked through the service manual and I'm confused with the terminology used because nothing really says how to do this in language I can understand. I wouldn't mind if it would throw out like 2 coins and put the rest (if any) to credits, just to keep some coins in the tray for when I run out of credits, but I don't know if that's possible.

Dip switch 1 & 2 are set on-on for "programmable". When I go into self-test mode Group 7 with "7" on coins played display, it shows it's set to 600 for Maximum Hopper Pay. Group 8 with "8" on coins played Partial Pay is set to 0000. (Just for reference the other dips are set at #3 on, #4 off, #5 on, #6,7 & 8 off.) I don't even know if these are the things that I need to be looking at :Scratch-Head: .

Let me know if you need any other info from my machine.

Thanks - Kenny

jkp1300:
BTW - I have the SP872 game EPROM.

knagl:
Sounds like you already have the PSR based on what you've said.

Look at page zero option 5, Player-Selectable Credit.  Set that option to 0.  With that set that way, all wins should go to the credit meter, unless the win would push the credit meter above 600 coins.

Note, you must have zero credits on the machine to apply these changes.

jkp1300:
I'm looking in the S-Plus Field Service manual at Table 4-1 Self Test Mode. When I sequence (push self test button) through the button pushes I don't feel like I'm see the same thing as listed in Table 4-1 or I'm just misinterpreting what I think I should see  :nerd: I'm probably over-thinking it but it's just not intuitive to me. I've listed what I see below.

Here's a "key" to explain my notations below:
- = no display in that display window
_ = blank number in display window (4 possible numbers)
n = where "n" is the number, when underlined it's flashing
and = where there is "and" between numbers, it is alternating between the two numbers

Below, next to the sequence number (number of times the self test button is pushed), are three numbers (and/or key noted items above) separated by commas. The first number what's showing in the Winner Paid display, then Credits display, then Coins Played display.

1 = -, ___1, 1
2 = __00, -, 0
3 = 5__0, -, 0
4 = 10_1, -, 1
5 = 10__, -, 2
6 = 50__, -, -
7 = 8888, 8888, 8
8 = counting off, counting off, counting off
9 = ___0, -, 3
10 = 3442 and ___0, 0872, 4
11 = -, -, 5
12 = -, __25, 6
13 = 0600, -, 7
14 = -, 0002, 7
15 = 0000, -, 9
16 = -, ___1, 9
17 = __00, -, 1
18 = 0__0, -, 9 and 0

The Coins Played display is supposed to show the self test page your on. In the SP872 PSR, it shows this as <n> ("n" being the page number). You're supposed to turn the reset key to cycle through the options within a page (represented as [n] in the PSR). Where I get confused is, for example, that the very first push of the self test button shows a page number 1 but so does #4. Then the next two pushes both show a 0. So which button push (sequence) would I use to start turning the reset key to go through the options for page 1 or 0? Also, if a sequence of self test button pushes gets me to a page where one of the numbers in a display window is flashing, if I turn the reset key it starts changing the flashing number. This doesn't seem to flow with the instructions either.

This may be really simple and I don't know why I'm having so much trouble understanding the hierarchy but there it is. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Kenny

jkp1300:
After searching and reading through many posts today, I have verified my machine has the Player Initiated Credit set at 5__0 so that the game will always be in credit mode. I then set Maximum Hopper Pay Selection [7-1] to 0000 to effectively disable the hopper. My problem is that I've somehow set the Jackpot Lockup [7-2] to 0000 so it locks up with lights flashing and ding-ding-dining when I hit any win at all :banghead:

No problem, right? Just reset 7-2. But when I try to set it to 1600 it won't "keep" the setting. I set it to 1600, press the self test button until it exits, close the door and once it's ready to accept coins, I start dropping coins until I win and at that point it will lock up as if a jackpot was hit even if it's just a 2 credit cherry. When I go back into self test 7-2, it shows 0000 instead of the 1600 I just changed it to  :Scratch-Head: .

Can anyone tell me how to make is save my 1600 jackpot lockup setting?

Thanks - Kenny

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version