**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S and S-plus Reel Games

Just an old fashioned S plus post - (Where are you stayouttadabunker?)

(1/4) > >>

shortrackskater:
I've had an old Double Diamond Deluxe in my garage for a few years now. It always took coins but the DBV -45 was always flaky. Sometimes it would take a bill, other times it would just go "areeeerew areeeeeew rrrrrrup!" and do nothing. Since I was working on my WBA 200's the past few weeks, I though I'd inspect this one and see if I could fix it... again. I wiggled it, cleaned the optics, blew it out and it began to take 1's again (that's all it ever took!). But after shutting it off, the DBV-145 crapped out again a few days later!
Buzz always said to just throw them away...  :Professor:
So tonight I took it apart, and swapped out the head with a DBV 200 head that I forgot I had laying around... put it back together and now it works great, and takes 20's as well!  :applause:
While I had the MPU out, I replaced the battery that was showing less than one volt with a new one that I forgot I had laying around.
Then I removed the intermittently operating BV bulbs and cleaned the contacts. I put them back in and got a nice bright bill entry.
Now the machine is back to it's old glory. It's fun to play too.
Should I throw away that DBV 145 head???  :Scratch-Head: I have another broken one as well!

shortrackskater:
 :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: Well I thought a fun s plus post would wake this section up!  :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz:

coorslight115:

--- Quote from: shortrackskater on December 04, 2014, 11:19:09 AM --- :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: Well I thought a fun s plus post would wake this section up!  :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz:

--- End quote ---

DBV145's make good paper weights or door stops... :dancing_2:

I think Bunker fell into a bunker and can't get out :24:

Amechanic:
Great tip to know.. I've never had much if an opportunity to work with the DBV145 or 200's. I've got one in an older Sigma video poker machine. I wish there was a way to up grade it's software to newer money or just swap out the whole validator, but I don't think it's possible because of Sigma machines or company's not around any more.

Gary

brianfink:
DBV 200 can be updated for IGT to take everything but the new $5 and $100. I'm not shore what the IDO on yours is but if it's 22/23 or 003, I probably have the software. I don't have software for IDO 24 but I think it does exist.  I don't exactly remember but I think the last update for those was V 2.5.     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version