**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Alpha Reel Games

Problem after changing batteries

(1/4) > >>

slots-4-u:
On 1 of my Alpha's got low battery. Had this machine for about a year & all worked. Changed all 3 batteries. When went to start up when turn 3rd switch on get buzzing noise & no video. Tried other MPU & it works so it has to be in MPU. Checked batteries, pins, swapped bios, swapped power supply & still does not work. What do I look for next?
Thanks Ford

rickhunter:
Does it power up if you remove the batteries as well?  Pull out the mpu from the cabinet.  Connect power and a vga monitor to it, power it up.  If it doesn't light up, then your adastra board (the board with the actual CPU on it), might be loose or gone bad.  if it lights up, then you have some sort of short in the connectors to the backplane.

slots-4-u:
Tried & no change. Which is the adastra board? Is that the board that things mount on in MPU? Took all apart & cleaned & nothing lose there. Backplane has to be OK since it works with other MPU.

rickhunter:
It is under the power supply.  It's the board that has the big heatsink on it that the downward facing fans on the left side of the mpu box blow into.  It's basically where the CPU/chipset reside.  It's probably cheaper for you to just get another alpha mpu rather than replace the adastra board, they usually sell for more than the mpu assembly by itself sells for.

slots-4-u:
That's the one I thought. Sucks that it went when I changed batteries. I have another that acts the same. Guess I have to look for replacements.
Thanks Rick  :thank_you:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version