General NLG Chat > General Chat, Slot Shop **Tech Talk** Welcome wagon and other stuff. (Off-Topic Post Welcome)

Slot Machine Power Consumption. Leave machine 24 hours? This is your co$t

(1/5) > >>

rickhunter:
Ok, here are some logs of a few machines I ran last night with my meter. Your machine may vary +/- 10% based on accessories and whatnots (Topper, eye candy attachments, etc).  These results are based on the configuration as posted.  The energy cost is based on 12.2 cents per kWh (national average), your cost will vary based on the area you live.  All the machines have a TITO board installed, though the draw on this accessory is  negligible.  All machines except the S+ have ticket printers.

Bally:

Alpha V20/20 - Dual 20 inch LCD monitors with standard oval Bally topper and 14 button led deck.  Average 270 watts draw consuming .27 kWh.  About 80 cents a day, or $293 a year.
Alpha S9000 Elite - 20inch top lcd 5 reel mechanical configuration with topper and 14 button led deck. Average 265 watts draw consuming .26 kWh. About 77 cents a day, or $281 a year.

Notes:  Both of these machines varied between idle and during game play about 5% draw.  Mainly because during the spin the lights on most of the player panel switches go off and then come back on after the play is over, just the player panel lights on a 14 button deck draw an additional 8 watts using LED type buttons.  On machines with a winning combination, the draw was a bit higher because of the backlight on the reels, these tended to add about 4 to 6 watts of power.  So if you are going to leave it idle, leave it on a non-winning combination.

IGT
iGame+ 17" with LCD and a dual row player button panel with leds on the buttons.  A Hex topper with the RGB lights, dual fluorescent lights for glass backlighting.  Average draw 145 watts using .15 kWh.  About 44 cents a day or $160 a year.

S2000 5 reel LED backlit reels 14 button player panel with led bulbs and 3 fluorescent bulbs for the glass and reel window.  No topper on this machine. Average draw was 128 watts using .13 kWh.  About 38 cents a day or $139 a year.

S+ 3 reel with standard 5 button player panel with LED bulbs and 3 fluorescent bulbs for the glass and reel window.  To topper.  Average draw as 110 watts using about .11 kWh. About 32 cents a day or $118 a year.

Notes.  Same behavior with the player panel lights and backlit reels in the S2000 as the alpha's.  The current draw was about 8 watts higher after pays.  Interestingly enough during spins, the current draw was lower.  I thought the stepper motors would use about the same amount of power as the lights, but they use about 2 watts in total.  In the Igame, the idle mode used 6 watts of power more due to the leds in the player panel than during spins, when the lights are all off.  The difference between the S+ and S2000 is remarkable considering how much more the S2000 does. Keep in mind the S2000 has 2 case fans plus the MPU tray fan. 

WMS
Converted BB1 cabinet to BB2 - Dual 22 inch monitors (Both LED backlit) and OLED player panel.  No Topper. In this game, the draw was pretty much static throughout since the player panel was oled, it is constantly lit, there was a 1 to 2 watt variance during "Big Wins" probably due to the amp drawing more current for the louder celebration noises.  I was shocked that this machine had the lowest current draw of all the video platforms I have.  The average draw was 120 watts using .12 kWh.  About 35 cents a day or $128 per year.

BB1 Mech Reel - 5 reel Hot Hot Re-spin title with SPN hardware, Topper. The average draw was 210 watts using .21 kWh.  About 61 cents a day or $224 per year.

Converted WMS 550 cabinet to CPUNXT - Coming Soon.

WMS Dotmation - Coming Soon.

slots-4-u:
 :thank_you: :thank_you: Great job Rick. K+

CVslots:
Wow! Good job Rick! Very interesting.

(I just looked at our energy statement. My baseline rate here in wonderful CA is $0.153/kwh, and based on a tiered pricing structure, goes up to $0.324/kwh.)

slots-4-u:
I shop for price. $0.08590

Tmmybahama:
I decided, after reading this, (AND THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME AND EFFORT DOING THIS FOR THE BENEFIT OF EVERYONE ON HERE), my machines will now be turned off, instead of 24/7/365.....  Im throwing away around 300 bucks a year doing that... Screw that!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version