**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Bally Alpha (Cinevision), and ALL Bally "V___" series - V5000, V2000, V1000, etc.

WEIRD Bally poker V2000 problem..PLEASE HELP!

(1/3) > >>

mrcrazy:
Well I have a bally v2000 poker machine (the 3 stack) & I got it with a battery error. Let me first say I have looked through this group looking for solutions, but no luck. I replaced the battery with new (it had VERY MINOR CORROSION which I cleaned & ohmed out the traces to be sure), I even bought a ram clear chip from foxshots, still no luck. Being a video game guy & seeing the similarities of the bally MCRII game boards (tron, rally-x, journey), I almost ALWAYS had problems with the crappy cables that connect the boards... I havent tried that yet, & before I DO & just wanted to see if anyone else has a solution as no matter what I do it boots up with the old BAD BATTERY error.

Its a cool quarter machine & I really want to get it going, please, any help is appreciated.

Greg

Merlin:

--- Quote from: mrcrazy on March 07, 2014, 08:14:43 PM ---Well I have a bally v2000 poker machine (the 3 stack) & I got it with a battery error. Let me first say I have looked through this group looking for solutions, but no luck. I replaced the battery with new (it had VERY MINOR CORROSION which I cleaned & ohmed out the traces to be sure), I even bought a ram clear chip from foxshots, still no luck. Being a video game guy & seeing the similarities of the bally MCRII game boards (tron, rally-x, journey), I almost ALWAYS had problems with the crappy cables that connect the boards... I havent tried that yet, & before I DO & just wanted to see if anyone else has a solution as no matter what I do it boots up with the old BAD BATTERY error.

Its a cool quarter machine & I really want to get it going, please, any help is appreciated.

Greg

--- End quote ---

Please forgive me for asking the obvious - but did you check the new battery's voltage with a voltmeter?

mrcrazy:
yep, & im getting the 3.8 volts everywhere....so I dont think its a broken trace...even swapped all the ribbon cables to different spots....same thing.. BAD BATTERY on bootup every time....

Im starting to think maybe the 6264 ram is bad? I THINK thats the chip the battery is supposed to keep the memory for....

Greg

Sunrise Side:
Is the polarity correct? If polarity is correct then you may have a bad trace near the battery or some traces have been soldered together accidently. Shorted together.

If you don't get find the problem Ka-Lar Larry Weber fixes these 3 card stacks for around $125

mrcrazy:
yeah its correct, plus I have traced the voltages with my meter with the board in my lap...im getting 3.8 volts to all the chips I SHOULD be (I think, dont have schematics) so its not a trace or bad solder.....

very strange... how do I reach this guy? I think I may send them out...

Greg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version