Progressive Controllers and Displays > IGT Stand-alone Progressive Systems

S2000 Spectrum Setup Walkthrough

(1/3) > >>

ilovekittens:
First off I not claiming to be an expert, most of the information I gathered was from other members kind enough to help a noob out.  This thread is to help future noobs out and alleviate some of the same questions for seasoned veterans, with that said lets begin the topic at hand.

A little back story, like so many others I bought my slot machine on a whim, knowing nothing really about them at all.  Then of course you get to hear the wife say "You bought a what?  Where you going to put it?  We don't have room for that."  When you buy something this cool you make room.  Right?

Once you get the heavy SOB home you realize, a slot machine is a little more complicated than you thought and start searching the internet for answers.  Most people I assume wind up @ NLG like myself. 

One of the things I noticed right off the bat is that my progressive feature did not work on my machine.  It lights up and says C9, it should be a simple fix.  I probably just need to hit a reset button or plug in a wire, I thought to myself.

After posting some pics on NLG, I'm told I have a CHAM2 which is a linked progressive and cannot be used as a stand alone progressive.  This gave me 4 options- 1.  Buy a CHAM2+ (more difficult to program)  2. Buy a con2 supercontroller (costs more than what I paid for my slot machine)  3.  Buy a spectrum (easier to program and won't break the bank)  4.  Say the hell with progressive and leave it as is.

Ken from Ohio gaming was kind enough to offer me a Spectrum and a keychip 17 (needed to enter 7 keychip config in the menu)

The Spectrum came with a mounting bracket and the wiring harness which made things a little easier.  I did have to make some adjustment to make the everything fit correctly.  The Spectrum display is larger than the CHAM2 and the bracket was set up for the display to be at the top of the glass.
I flipped the bracket upside down, and flipped the spectrum display right side up.

I furred the bracket out an inch to fit up the the glass. 

I had to slide the spectrum to the right a 1/2 inch on the bracket. After some tinkering it finally fit

Connecting the Spectrum was simple enough since my machine has the Netplex distribution panel on the back center

Just connect the 4 pin and ten pin on any of the ones not in use on the distribution board

No Data should be flashing across the display when powered on

Now all that needs to be done is the key configuration.  No too difficult with a little guidance.

First thing you have to do is use your key chip to get into the 7 menu This topic has been covered http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=323.0  After you do it a few times you'll be a pro in no time. 

Once you get into the 7 key chip config you will want to scroll to 7.3 Progressive

Step one:  go into 7.3.1  Controller Select
7.3.1.1      Game 1
7.3.1.2      your machine denomination (I will use 25 cents)
Game 1: Denom 25¢: Level 1
       Stand Alone: Disabled Level 1
       None:            Disabled
       SAS:              Disabled
       Link:              Level 1 Disabled

Step 2:  Next go into 7.3.3     Stand Alone Set up
7.3.3.1 Level 1 and set up
1. Limit amount (how high do you want your progressive to go up to)
2. Current amount (what the progressive amount is currently at)
3. Add percentage (what percent of the money going into the machine gets added to the jackpot)
4. Base amount (what progressive resets to when jackpot is won)

Step 3:  The last step is to go into menu 4 I/O tests and run
4.3 Autoconfigure Netplex Devices
If all went according to plan your Spectrum should now show your progressive base amount

Woot!  Woot!  :applause: ILK

My original post and those that helped http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=4705.0  :thank_you:

If I forgot a step or if any clarification is needed feel free to add.  Like I said I'm still a noob

qbert:
Kittens good post and informative.

You can also change the color displayed by the spectrum. There are two sets of dip switches on the back of the display housing.
Dip Switch closest to the EEPROM or power connection controls display color(S1)

S1
All switches off-green
Set #2 on, #1,#3 off -color changes from green to red to amber  **
set #3 on, #1,#2 off- red
set #1,#3 on #2 off - amber

**Note: Switch 2 will only do multi colors if the eprom installed is a SDF100, the SDF 104 will not allow scrolling colors (sdf100s can be programmed and installed without issues in a machine that has a 104 installed)

S2
1 - on - makes all red leds come on to see if all leds are working
2 - on - makes all orange leds come on to see if all leds are working
3 - on - makes all green leds come on to see if all leds are working
4 - does not do anything

Additionally if you have a machine with multi denominal capabilities the spectrum will support them, Each denomination can be set at a different value and amount, this must be done when you set up the key information 7.3. Each denomination would be a different  stand alone level. Level 1  might be 50 cents, level 2 could be $1.00. for each denomination  you will set it's own values. When you play the game at each denomination it will also show the jackpot value for that denomination. Pretty cool

Rich

qbert:
I think this originally was posted by Foster on the old site.

More on multi denom set ups:
I figured out a how to use multi-denom and Stand alone progressive for each denom in use
This is how I did it

Denom Details $1,$2, $5, $10 (until I decide to clear it and lower the accounting denom)

I set up the controller part first 7.3.1
set it so your VFD shows this for each denom

Game 1 denom $1 Level 1
Stand Alone : Level 4

Game 1 denom $2 Level 1
Stand Alone : Level 3

Game 1 denom $5 Level 1
Stand Alone : Level 2

Game 1 denom $10 Level 1
Stand Alone : Level 1

These are the level settings under standalone setup that I used in 7.3.3

Level 1 (for the $10)
Limit $500,000
Current $51,000
Percent 5%
Base $42,000

Level 2 (for the $5)
Limit $250,000
Current $25,500
Percent 5%
Base $21,000

Level 3 (for the $2)
Limit $100,000
Current $10,200
Percent 5%
Base $8,200

Level 1 (for the $1)
Limit $50,000
Current $5,100
Percent 5%
Base $4,200

I am sure you can reverse the levels and it may still work.
When I change denom on the machine the values change on the spectrum and also the add percent only goes to the current progressive level.

Ken:
+1 to the both of you for the information.

Shaggy:
Awesome job and 2 awesome posts!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version