**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S2000 and Vision Games

Green Varta Battery Required Voltage - Enhanced 1270 MPU

(1/3) > >>

CVslots:
I know the green Varta battery is needed on the Enhanced 1270 MPU, but does anyone know the voltage threshold it needs to still be "good". Have an Enhanced board with a Varta at 1.2v and a NetPlex Link Down error. I'm suspecting this is a result of that low battery??? Yes? No?

Roslyn

Jim:
Roz,   measure the voltage, put the board in the machine for half hour,  see if the voltage goes up ,  shows its charging, if its gets above 2.5 volts it should be good for testing etc.

one quick easy way to rule out the power supply associated with this error!  you need a meter for this,  on the motherboard(backplane board) J-13 on  a regular 500 series mpu, is the power plug, on very bottom, right side. 10 pin plug,  pin 6,  top left row of pins, only solid black wire in the plug harness,it is the signal from the power supply (+5/6 vdc). with the power off, insert a meter probe into that plug, with the plug connected to the motherboard, make sure it is pushed all the way in, touch any metal surface with the other meter lead, turn power on, if your meter reads 5/6vdc, then the power supply is doing what it should be doing and you could start to look else wear for your problem. I think the enhanced motherboard power connector is in the same position as the 500 series.

Hope this helps
Jim

cowboygames:
Possibly, leave the machine turned on for a few hours and see if the battery charges, then turn it off and back on to see if the error clears. As long as the battery takes a charge of course, 1.2 is too low. I would think something 3+ for it to do it's job. Just guessing...

buybestslots:
if  you  don't pull the silver battery you'll get a false reading

Ken:
For those without a way to measure voltage.

On a 1270 board (enhanced)

If the nexplex error is blinking in the vfd then the varta battery needs to be charged (if it will keep a charge) or replaced. Usually the red LED light on the board blinks also.

If the nexplex error is not blinking and is on constant in the vfd then replace the power supply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version