New Life Games Command Center.... > News, Info, and Other NLG Stuff

Hate Mail, Legal threats and Unhappy Campers

<< < (7/7)

channelmaniac:
There are plenty of other arcade forums out there that may or may not have a small section for slots and other "adult" level games. A couple of them are ruthless and will eat you alive if you are a n00b (pronounced "newbie") and JMac, you would really HATE those forums.

Contributing members are members that contribute to the site and as Joey said, it's not about the cash. Some members are on a fixed income, but come here to share their knowledge and experience and that is just as much of a contribution as is cash, and in many cases, even better as it makes for more knowledge to attract more new users to the site.

Hell, Joey was (and IS) awesome in letting me keep my repair logs on the forum. He even made me a section moderator to keep that area clean. I contributed knowledge that attracted users to the site and for all my hard work I was promoted to a global moderator and later given Admin privileges. I'm not just a donor or time and knowledge though. I also donate dollars to help with the site and do mine outside of the raffles and giveaways. Having my repair logs posted brings me business and donating to the forum upkeep and maintenance is the least I could do for that.

You may be on a fixed income, you may not like things here around donations, but it costs a lot of money to run a very large forum such as this. There are database costs, fees for the amount of data hosted, bandwidth fees, etc. and they all add up. The busier the forum the more the costs add up.

I'm VERY happy to see these new forums and am VERY appreciative of all the work put into getting them online. I have been swamped with the day job and not here much over the past few months, but this new forum has FAR better protection against spambots registering. I was one of a few folks that battled the spambots and we kept the old forum clean as a whistle. This new one requires MUCH less time in watching over all of that and for that, I'm ecstatic!

73 de Raymond
(I'm a ham too, but don't post my callsign online on the forums. General class working towards Extra.)

cowboygames:
Buzz, there's all different kinds of people out there. For the most part and vast majority of them, when they come here to look and it's free, then they register as a member and don't get charged I think they get the idea that this site is somehow supported by ads they never see or some rich people in the background that feel providing this for them is the next best thing to having sex. However they see it doesn't really matter, I think people who complain about being cut off because they don't want to donate should just be flat out ignored and their post with their complaint deleted. If we, as a community, ignored them then they would go away and we wouldn't have these issues. As a comparison, if everyone had ignored the articles about Kim Kardashian after she posted her sex tape then she would be nothing today and what a better world it would be because of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version