**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Reel Games

Correct Battery for E2000s

(1/2) > >>

danatlvc:
I have two E2000s. One I acquired several weeks ago & the other one I picked up today. Both have 3.6 Lithium batteries in them? Are these correct for these boards or is it suppose to be a NiCad or something else?
Thanks,
Dan

Amechanic:
Dan,  they call for NiCad 3.6v battery's, but you can use a Lithium if you remove a certain resister (not sure what one) and replace it with a diode to keep it from trying to charge the Lithium battery. The person to ask is dhellis here. I know what it is on the E1000 ram board, but not the E2000 MPU

GARY

danatlvc:
In researching I see Barry has NiCad 3.6v for the E1000 & E2000 MPU boards. Can I cause damage to the boards with the standard 3.6 Lithium batteries installed while I wait for the NiCad batteries to come in???
The reason I started this post is because in reading old topics I had seen NiCad battery mentioned a few times & it got me thinking. I also have a Universal machine that only takes NiCad rechargeable batteries & they were hard to find, but found
Thanks,
Dan

ramegoom:
I use a Li-Ion battery to replace the NiCad batteries in my Bally machines.  Since Lithium has a different charging curve than NiCad, a larger cell makes up the difference in potential heat generated by the charge and they work perfectly. Plus, you can go much longer between power-up charges since the mAh rating is much larger, and the self-discharge is almost non-existent compared to NiCad.

Here's the style of battery I use. There are many low cost equivalents out there:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lithium-Li-Ion-18650-Cylindrical-3-6V-2000mAh-Cell-w-Tabs-/310994388552?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4868b5c648

Work great and will very unlikely to ever leak out.

danatlvc:
Thanks,
So, I can just replace it with this style battery without removing a resistor for a diode on the board that was mentioned to stop the charging?
Dan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version